Disclaimer: My character, Lance, and JC, Chris, Joey, and Justin are property of *N SYNC. The Mighty Ducks characters - Duke, Wildwing, Nosedive, Mallory, Grin, etc. are all copyright of Disney. They are not mine. But Kara Lightheart, S.T.E.A.L.T.H., Emeral, Nicolette, and some others are mine, so don't use them without my permission. Calista Acarya is used with permission from her, so don't use her character either without her consent. Thanks Cali!

This fan fic is rated PG or something like that since there's some killing and related stuff in here there's also some language, but it's nothing serious. Nothing visual is depicted here, and any killing or such is only just mentioned briefly or as long as needed.

I'd also like to mention that I have nothing against Saurians. So for all those Saurians out there I've called some fair play - they get their share of revenge too. ;) I apologize for the lack of ducks in here but - after all - this is Lance's background story. There might be one with plenty of ducks in the future though.

I'd like to note a timeline here. When he first really got a lot of interest in the Ducks is when Lance was 20, this story is from when Lance was 18, and he is now currently 21.

Oh, and this is not a 'band-oriented' fan fic. It's more of an adventure/drama Mighty Duck style of thing. So for those Duck fans/*N Sync fans out there this is more your speed. It's about a time when Saurians (not Dragaunus and crew) tried to take over Earth about 3 months after the Ducks came to Earth from Puckworld. (Boy, those Ducks don't get much of a break do they?)

Lance's Origin

By Lance

Chapter One

"Kara?"

"Yes JC?"

"Are you sure you want to be involved in this? What we're doing is very dangerous."

Kara looked at her human companion. He was meticulously cleaning his crossbow, one of many items in his arsenal. "Josh, your cause is a good one. People can't deny anymore that Saurians exist. They are invading homes, taking over. If people don't step up and fight then mankind could be wiped out. Besides, we're already involved. I've killed at least five this week. Emeral will know. There's no turning back now."

JC sighed, "Yes, I know, but I've been thinking a lot lately of the danger I've put us in. I don't know what Lance would do if something was to ever happen to you on my account. I've never met him myself but I plan to as soon as we can come out of hiding."

He put down his weapon and crossed the room. The entire reason he had taken this mission was to help ensure that the future would be safe for his family, friends and girlfriend back home.

"What I wouldn't give to be home in our own bed, though. I miss it." Kara sighed.

"I do too. We'll be able to go back someday. And then we won't have to worry about what lingers for us outside. For now, we have to stay in hiding. You're right about Emeral. He will know. He'll hunt us down and try to recruit us for his army of humans already at his whim. I just hope we're really good at staying out of sight."

"I won't be recruited, Josh. I won't be some brainless slave for that monster. I'd rather die."

JC glanced around, "Let's not talk about it, okay? That's a bridge I hope I never have to cross."

Suddenly, a foreign voice resonated through the shack they were hiding in, "Oh, I think it's bridge crossing time!"

The door flew open and windows shattered as some Saurians entered their hiding place. JC looked over at his crossbow which lay across the cabin. He started to make a mad dash for it when a black blur stopped right in his way. He found himself looking into the fiery eyes of a Saurian.

"Emeral!" Hatred coursed through his body as his mind raced to find ways to save Kara and himself.

"I've heard many things about you Joshua Chasez. You're said to be one of better hunters these days. All I see is a man with no means in which to defend himself. Pathetic."

"The only pathetic creature in this room is you."

"Well, you do have spunk. I think you'll make a most excellent member of my new order. What do you say? I have enough respect for your reputation to give you a choice, which I don't have to do. What will it be Chasez, my Saurian army or death?"

JC stood resolute still working through ideas, plans in a panic state. All he could concentrate on was finding a way out of the cabin. He could probably fight his way out but that would mean leaving Kara behind.

"What? No answer? Maybe I'll have to entice you to talk." Emerel snapped his fingers and his goons went into action. JC watched in horror as they rushed toward Kara. He took off to help her but was stopped with several lizards of his own to fight. He found himself fighting off three at a time with no weapons. Occasionally, he would get a glance at Kara who was holding her own doing the same. JC was suddenly very grateful he had convinced her to take martial arts classes with him. He smiled when he noticed that she had knocked-out of one of the henchmen who had attacked her. JC managed to take two of them out of commission and was moving backwards fighting his last one in order to get closer to the two Kara was still fighting.

"ENOUGH!" Everyone stopped as Emeral swiftly grabbed Kara, holding her up high. He pulled her close and took out a strange looking ray gun. "Chasez, I am giving you one last chance. Either the two of you can join me or you can die. It's really that simple."

JC hesitated. He looked into Kara's eyes and saw the fright. "Okay Emeral, just let..." He was cut off as Kara screamed, "I will NEVER be yours!" She brought her leg back and kicked him in the knee as hard as she could manage hoping it would be enough for his grip to loosen on her.

"AHHHH!! Wrong move little pawn." JC's eyes widened and tried to run to her rescue but was stopped by the three remaining Saurians. He watched a tear run down her cheek as Emeral pulled the trigger.

"No, no, no. Stop it!!"

He was momentarily blinded by the surprising radiance of the light. A minute later he watched as Kara fell limp. Emeral replaced his weapon and smirked, Kara's tears running down her tan feathers and onto the floor. He dropped her body to the side as if was of little significance and strolled across the room to where JC was being held.

"You know, this all could have ended differently if you had just cooperated. However, I have no room for insolence and no tolerance for disrespect."

Before he could answer, Emeral grabbed him by the head and pointed the gun at his chest. He flicked a switch on the side unknowingly and shot the young human. JC's body exploded in pain. After a couple of seconds he could feel the blood draining from him. The more he lost, the weaker he felt himself become. His legs began to give out on him and he began to slump down. He looked down at Kara's body and thought It's all my fault. I should never have gotten her into this. Oh Kara, I'm so sorry!!! She may have been a duck but she was like a sister to him. Tears ran down his face and he closed his eyes to block out the image of her laying on the ground beside him. Then he saw nothing else.

Emeral dropped JC's body to the ground. "I wish he hadn't pissed me off. He would've been a great squadron leader. Come." He motioned to the remaining henchmen to follow and they left. No one looked back at the two bodies left behind.


Go to Chapter Two
Back to Lance's Fanfiction
Back to Fanfiction