A Cure For Blindness

By ArchAngelDuke

Another thing I find blinding. P-R-I-D-E.

In the dictionary the definition of pride is placed as is - A: the quality or state of being proud: as a : inordinate self-esteem : example, being conceited. B: a reasonable or justifiable self-respect. C: delight or elation arising from some act, possession, or relationship

Some would find pride blinding. Taking so much self-gratification into their own work, that they can't see the flaws they've bestowed upon themselves and/or others. I find it blinding at times. And I admit it, I can be blind too when it comes to certain things, but, certain things can make you so happy, you don't care if your blind. All I have to say is: "Some people are only too lucky to find things like that."

What am I proud of? Being alive? Yeah. Shamelessly I am. I'm amazed of how long I've lived, even though I'm not really in one piece, but that's not the point I'm getting at here. When I think about it, what I'm proud about is how I turned myself around for the greater good. It makes me proud of what I can do as a person and what I can contribute to the world and the people around me.

Now ask yourself this: "What makes you proud?"

Think about that. Take a moment to think about what makes you proud. Not what makes your parents proud, not what makes your teachers proud, you. What makes you proud of being who you are! Whatever makes you proud is something special and no one can take that away from you. Am I right?

Pride. Pride comes with dignity. Dignity is enveloped into self-esteem and it's all connected together. Pride connects to value. You have pride in what you value? Don't you? Don't you pride in yourself and what you do? And doesn't that make you feel good about yourself? Isn't that self-esteem? Heh.

I said before, that pride was blinding. And I don't take that back. Pride is a gift, that inch of encouragement that you need everyday to get by. Yet, pride also bite the hand that feeds it if the user takes in too much and then pride becomes conceit. Dangerous to play with, isn't it? In the end, most can overcome the blindness and mature, but also, others can subside to the darkness, as I would like to place it, and suffer from a case of over-inflated ego, and be lost with in the fog self-conceit and self-pride to even see what before their blinded eyes.


Back to Part One
Back to ArchAngelDuke's Fanfiction
Back to Fanfiction