Chapter One: The White Dragon

By Sheeba Marie

 

It was an unusually cold night in Anaheim, California. The stars were bright over head, showing as white dots against a dark, midnight sky.

A white female Saurian shivered and glanced down at the energy source tracer she held in her claws. She couldn't let them catch her again, her or her unborn child.

She shivered again from the cold night air and glanced behind her. Nothing, or nothing that was visible, anyway. Fear crept up her spine as she remembered their cloaking devices, and how sly they could be. Especially him.

The female winced in pain, and knew she needed to get somewhere soon,. The length of time between when she'd been raped and when her child's birth was up, and she didn't trust the father and his henchmen enough to return to their war ship.

Her other options weren't what she'd consider ideal either, but she had no choice. But she didn't stand a chance returning to her species; she'd be killed on the spot. Where she knew there was shelter, she knew she stood a chance.

She caught sight of a glimmer of green light out of the corner of her eye, and knew his henchmen had found her. She hurriedly pressed the button on her own teleporter and hoped for the best wherever she ended up.

***
It'd been a quiet night around the Pond, no disturbances from the Saurians, no problems with Captain Klegghorn, and more importantly to the ducks, none of Phil's schemes.

The silence, though, was short lived, when Drake One's alarms were set off by the disturbance triggered by the teleportation.

"Where's it at Tanya?" Wild Wing demanded as he scrambled to the super computer. "Well, uhm. . uhh, HERE!" She choked out in reply.

The light in the room shimmered near the team as the female teleported into the room. All eyes glared at her, everyone ready for battle, weapons drawn.

"I. . I. . please. . .help me. .I'm going into labor. ." The Saurian Female stammered and collapsed to the floor.

* * *

Bright lights . . .muffled voices. . the dull numb feeling of blunt pain. . .

"Hey, I think it's coming to!" A male voice exclaimed, making the female Saurian's head pound even worse than it already was. "Technically, it's a she. ." a stuffy female voice replied. "Whatever it is, it's still scum, it's a Saurian!" another female snapped. "And normal Saurian wouldn't teleport directly into our head quarters." "Ordinary or not, she's a Saurian!" The other male voice replied. "And she doesn't belong here. "Obviously she has a reason, or she'd have teleported to the Raptor and not here." The second male replied.

The female Saurian heard another of her kind crying, and everything before was brought back to her; the rape, the pregnancy and now the birth, and she sat straight up in, raged by the thought of someone hurting her new born.

She snarled and struggled against the energy bands that kept her tied down to the infirmary bed, and was only further enraged when she realized she wouldn't be able to get to the child. After a few moments of fighting against the restraints, she sighed and sank back down onto her pillow. A sharp pain in her wrist turned her attention to the IV which had been poked through her scales, and she maneuvered around and ripped it out with her teeth.

"That'll leave a mark." A male duck with blonde hair commented.

"Where's my baby?!" The female demanded. "If you hurt one scale on his head his father will rip you apart!" "He's fine, but first things first." The duck with the golden mask replied. "He?" The female gasped, both happy and shocked at the same time. "He." A red headed female duck hissed back. "Tell us who you are and why you're here, and we may let you loose from that bed." The blonde male snapped. "NoseDive, behave, even if she is a Saurian." The duck with the mask growled at the young male.

"You do deserve an explanation. ." The female sighed. "I'm Lady Sheeba, the female destined to be Lord Dragaunus's mate, or so by my blood lines. I'm one of the few royal Saurians remaining, and in my species, it's important to keep the royal bloodlines pure." "What does that have to do with you showing up here pregnant and collapsing in our rec room?!" The red head snapped, glaring at her suspiciously. "I'm getting to that, I told you it was a long story." Sheeba replied, glancing around the room at the ducks. With a sigh, she continued. "Any way, thirteen months ago, he decided it was time for me to become his mate, and began by raping me. Anyway, I got pregnant with his offspring, and to make a long story short, here I am."

"Uhm, thirteen months?" The blonde female questioned. "Yes, the usual length of pregnancy for my species." Sheeba said with a heavy sigh.

"That still doesn't explain why you're here and not with Dragaunus in the Raptor!" Mallory snarled at the Saurian, whom seemed a little hurt by the duck's words. "If you were raped, would you move in with your attacker?!" He hissed in reply. The room was silent for a few moments, except for the occasional bleep of the heart monitor the Saurian had been hooked up to.

"Damn, it has teeth!" A different male duck exclaimed, and burst through the doors of the infirmary leaving a trail of blood from the deep looking bite marks on his hand. "Duke, uhm, that needs to be sewn up. . ." The blonde female duck started. "It'll be fine, if I don't need a rabies shot because of that little demon." The male replied, glaring at Sheeba.

"You have your explanation, now where's my baby?" Sheeba growled, glaring at the duck with the mask. "Well, he was with Grin and Duke, but. . . obviously," The duck chuckled as he glanced at Duke, who was busy trying to get his hand to stop bleeding.

Again, the doors opened, and a large male duck walked in, holding the newborn Saurian wrapped up in a fuzzy blanket with the image of the mask and Mighty Ducks logo on it. Sheeba anxiously accepted the child after she was freed from the energy bonds.

"I'm not sure who you six ducks are, but you're angels in disguise, I swear." The white female said with a smile, as she stared down at the tiny black male Saurian she held close.

He had fiery orange eyes just like his mother, and a wave of black hair which seemed to cut through his crest. He bore little resemblance to his father, and was, to the ducks, cute, in a repulsive type of way.

"My own kind would never help a female of your species in need. ." She sighed and sank back on the pillow again, content to watch the young male chewing on the edge of his blanket with small, razor sharp teeth. "Think nothing of it, Miss Sheeba. . ." The duck which appeared to be in charge replied. "Just Sheeba, if you please." She answered with a smile. "Sheeba, an interesting name. Wild Wing Flashblade, pleased to meet someone of your species with actual intelligence, that's my brother NoseDive, Duke L'Orange, Tanya Vanderflock, Mallory McMallard, and. . .Grin."

She blinked a few times and studied the ducks over carefully. "You can't be serious about letting her stay here!" Dive growled at Wild Wing in a low whisper, still loud enough for Sheeba and the others to hear. "And send her where? She doesn't have any place to go." Wild Wing replied with a glare that could kill. The teen-age duck sighed and rolled his eyes, then backed out of the room, as did all but two of the other ducks. Wild Wing and Tanya still remained.

"Now, uhm, can I do something to you to help with the pain, or are you going to bite my hand off." Tanya sniffled and cautiously scurried over to Sheeba's bedside. The female snickered and sighed. "Go ahead, I don't bite ducks, only over bearing males of my species." She replied.

A small blue tablet was presented to her on a tray with a glass of water. "Basically, you won't feel anything after about ten minutes or so." The female laughed as Sheeba swallowed the pill.

"Come on Tanya, let's leave her be to get some rest, Wild Wing said as he walked out the door, closely followed by the other duck.

"What a day." Sheeba sighed to herself, running her claws through the damp ruffle of hair on the male's head. In response, he snuggled closer. "At least they knew what to feed you. Sheeba sighed happily and turned out the light over her bed.

If not for the male's bright eyes, she wouldn't have been able to see him curled up in the dark with her.

"Natori." She whispered aloud. "The dark, the silenced, the unwanted." Again she smiled at the warm creature snuggled close to her face. "But gladly accepted."

* * *

It was several weeks later, and Sheeba was lying curled up on the couch in the Rec Room with Natori sleeping in her arms. She felt safe among the ducks, but for how long, she didn't know. The Saurians didn't know where she was, but she assumed they would find her soon enough. So she spent her time keeping out of the ducks' way and tending to the child which she'd been forced into having. She'd done a good job of staying out of the humans' way, also. The last thing she wanted to do was draw attention to herself.

 

Natori yawned and stretched, then clawed his way up onto his mother's shoulder and lay back down. She smiled slightly and brushed her hair out of his face. "Why me?" She sighed, and dug around in the bag of chips on the end table beside the couch.

"Aww, that's almost cute!" Someone exclaimed from behind the couch. Sheeba whipped her head around to see NoseDive smiling and leaning against the back of the couch. "Humor me." She replied bluntly and turned back to the TV. "If it wasn't for being one of them." "Trust me child, I'd rather be one of you, I wouldn't be hunted by Dragaunus if I wasn't me." She replied and rolled onto her back. Naroti snarled and repositioned himself on her chest.

"Boobala, where ya' been? I been lookin' for ya' all afternoon!" Someone exclaimed from the doorway. "Oyy, not again. . ." Dive groaned and turned around. "What's on the couch?" The voice continued, Natori growled softly at the loud disturbance. "Oh my. . ."

Sheeba opened her eyes and glared up at the human that stood above her. He had dark brown hair, a cheesy smile, and was, in a word, fat. "It's a . . .it's a . . .it's a . . Saurian!" he managed to choke out. "Correction, Phil, it's TWO Saurians." NoseDive interjected.

Natori opened his eyes and glared at the two. "Aww, how cute! Come'ere little fella'. . " Phil crooned and picked him up. "I wouldn't do that if I were you." Sheeba offered with a smile.

The young male Saurian turned his head and sank his small teeth deep into Phil's arm. The human dropped Natori back onto the couch with Sheeba and ran out of the room screaming. "I warned him." Sheeba sighed, and wrapped Natori back up in his blanket. "He obviously got his personality from his father's side of the family." NoseDive chuckled. "Unfortunately, yes." Sheeba sighed, and closed her eyes. "You really do hate Dragaunus, don't cha'?" The duck asked and picked the chip bag up from the table. "What ever gave you that idea? He nearly killed me, raped me, and got me pregnant, now I have his child! How well do you think I like him?!" She snapped and glared at him.

"Peh, you're in the right place then girly. We can always use more help around here." He said with a smile. "What do you mean, you birds play hockey." She sighed and repositioned herself in an upright position. "We've been chasin' after Dragaunus for over a year now, with no luck at catchin' him. And since you seem like you want revenge, maybe you'd wanna' help us? It's just a suggestion . . ." "Fine, I'll do it. I deserve revenge. I won't rest until I'm able to spit on his grave." She hissed and sank back down on the couch. "Aheh, whatever." Dive said with nervous smile and left in a hurry.

"Someday I'll get revenge. I won't rest until I get to watch you rip him apart for what he's done." Sheeba whispered, and kissed Natori gently several times on his forehead.

Return to the fanfiction