The Mall

1:00 A.M.
Chameleon sneaked down the hallway of the Raptor, being careful not to make any noise and disturb the others. He knew if the other Saurians found out what he was doing or where he was going, he would be scrubbing toilets until he was old enough to retire. What he was doing went against everything he had been told about humans, and went directly against the orders of Lord Dragaunus. He crept along in the shadows, until he came to the main door. Checking twice to make sure he wasn't being followed, he opened the large metal door which went outside. Thinking he had gotten out without being detected, he breathed a sigh relief as the automatic door closed behind him. "That was easier than I thought." He whispered to himself. "There's no need to whisper, we're the only ones here." Sheeba said stepping out from somewhere off to the around the side of the large ship. "Uhh…Sheeba…. Hi…" he sputtered surprised by her sneaking up on him. "What are you doing out here?" She questioned coldly. "Oh.. Uhm…nothing " he squealed, trying not to get caught. "I WANT THE TRUTH!" she roared, grabbing him by the throat and lifting him several feet off of the ground. "SSssshhhh, okay, okay!" he whispered, not wanting the others to here them. "The truth is…is…I'm going down to the mall." "What is this mall is hear so much about?" she questioned, dropping him, and looking down at him with deep question in her voice. "It's a big store, with clothes, food, electronics, even animals and just about anything else you could imagine." "But please, I'll do anything, just don't tell Dragaunus." He pleaded. She lifted his head up high and considered his plea. "Anything?" she questioned. "Anything!" he answered shakily. "Take me with you." She said calmly. "What?!" he asked startled by her request. "You would go with me?" "Yeah, you ain't that bad to have around." She hissed, turning her attention skywards. "But how do you plan to get there with out the ducks picking you up on that super computer of theirs?" Sheeba suddenly asked feeling reluctant about even going. "Well, I usually morph into human form and take the bus, but I don't think the local population would react very well to seeing you." "Yeah, your right, these humans seem to run in terror when they see us Saurians. "You know, if we get caught, Dragaunus isn't gonna' be happy" she said and started walking towards the town "I imagine his exact words would be," Chameleon said morphing into a copy of Dragaunus, " I didn't power this ship up just enough and blast off the ocean floor just so that you two could run all over this human dwelling." "Chameleon, stop it, you're starting to scare me!" Sheeba laughed, pushing him away. It seemed strange, to Chameleon, how Sheeba could go from raving and screaming at him, to joking and aggravating him. But he didn't care. At least she wasn't going to rat him out.

The mall was silent and empty when they arrived. "Well, I'll be!" Sheeba said staring out over the mall from on a balcony which ran over the main walk way. "They have everything here!" she said looking at a bulletin board, which listed all of the separate shops. "Yeah, now ya' know why I wanted to come here." "So what do you need to get?" "Well, on my salary, I can't afford much." He said climbing on the safety railing. "Why buy it? We're Saurians, just steal it." She said climbing up there beside him. "I never thought of that." He said bluntly. "Now you see why I'm the Princess and you're just a lackey." She said walking towards the elevators with Chameleon close to follow.

"Hey, I think you ought to go try on a tuxedo." Sheeba said, pointing towards one of those bridal boutiques. "What on Puck World would I do with a tuxedo?" he asked, walking towards the small shop. "I don't know." She said. Walking over and taking a beautiful white dress down off of the hangar. "What would I do with one of these?" She asked, holding it up to herself and looking down at it. "Well, maybe if you ever get asked to be the Saurian Lady instead of just Princess" he said making her title seem like a degrading thing. "Ha ha!" she said hitting him with a bouquet. "Hey, hey, hey!" he shrieked. Trying to shield him self from the dried flowers that were being threw at him. "Enough of this wedding stuff, what da' ya' say we go see what's up with all of those designer clothes that they're always advertising on the human commercials?" she said suddenly "All right. I think you'd look good in Capri pants!." He added, stepping away before he could be smacked.
"Yuck! These humans will wear anything!" Sheeba exclaimed taking a pair of camouflage cargo pants down off of the rack. "Tell me about it." "Like the khaki thing?" "What's going on with that?" he answered. "I'll never understand these creatures. " Chameleon sighed, picking up a tube top. "And what's this thing, anyways?" "It's a shirt." She said dully. "Ooooohhhh, try it on!" he shrieked. "I don't think so." She snapped at him. "Or maybe you could take one back to the Raptor and…" "Just drop it, okay?" she asked rolling her eyes at him. He immediately dropped the shirt to the floor. "I didn't mean the shirt, I meant the topic!" she yelped at him. "Oh." He said blankly. "Let's go get a slushy?" he asked more than suggested. "Sure, I guess." She answered as they walked across the large, open middle section of the mall. "Why put a fountain in the middle of a room?" Sheeba asked glancing at the in-operative fountain full of coins as they walked over to the deli section of the mall. "I don't know, why?" "Neither do I that's what I'm asking you for, why do it?" "Some things it's just best not to ask about these humans." He answered.
"So do ya' dare me to do it?" Chameleon asked, staring at the slush machine "I double-dog dare ya'" Sheeba said, trying con him into actually doing it. "Okay, but if I start drowning, will you save me?" he asked, leaning back so that his head was under the nozzle of the machine. "I ain't gonna' give ya' CPR." Sheeba said crossly, leaning up against a large metal support beam. "Hey, it ain't workin'!" he said fiddling with the handle. "Uhh, stupid, plug it in." Sheeba laughed sarcastically as she shoved the end of the cord into the wall "Sheeba, NO!" he shrieked too late, and got covered in pink slushy. After laughing at the scene for a few minutes, Sheeba took pity on the small creature struggling to get free, and being more and more covered in the sticky substance and un-plugged it the machine "I'm gonna' go wash this stuff off, be right back.". he said, racing off towards the nearest bathroom

When he returned, he found that Sheeba had taken a chair down off of one of the tables and helped herself to a soda. " Sheebie, I've been thinkin'." Chameleon said suddenly. Upon returning "Oh, look out" she said, looking up at the ceiling. "Do you think the boss would let me get a dog?" She tilted her head back and howled with laughter. "Yeah right Dragaunus would never let you have a dog." "But, if you got a dog, and I said it was mine, then yeah, I imagine you could get a dog that way." "Then come on," he said taking off towards the other end of the mall. "Where are you going?" she asked, getting up from her chair." "The pet store." He answered "Wait, what would we do with a dog?" she ask, chasing after him. "Well, maybe we could get a Labrador. Ya' know, they 're used to hunt ducks on this planet." He added
"Yeah, maybe I can mention that when I'm groveling to 'his royal majesty' to keep the pup." She said as they entered the store.

"They're all so cute!" Chameleon said, looking into the puppy cages. "You find the one you want, I'll go get puppy food and the such." Sheeba said, walking off towards one of the shelves, which were crammed with bags of animal food in all imaginable kinds. "Hey, Sheebie, what do ya think about this one?" he asked pointing to a little male yellow Labrador. "Sure, he's cute. Be with ya' in a second to open that cage." "All right, fine" he answered, sticking his fingers in between the bars of the cage. "Lets, see." Sheeba said, walking back over to the cage. "What kind of lock have we here?""Hhhmmm, a simple little latch." She smiled to herself. "Don't you know that they lock people away for talking to their selves?" Chameleon asked, turning his head sideways and staring at her. "Oh, all good thieves do that do that when they're breaking and entering or picking a lock." She explained. "Just standards." "Here ya' go." She said, swinging the door open. "Aww, he's so cute!" Chameleon said, reaching in and getting the pup out from his 'prison'. "Hey, don't take too long with your happiness, we gotta' get out of here." Sheeba said, suddenly realizing that the mall would be opening in 15 minutes. "You got the stuff?" he asked, looking back at her. "Yes, and I feel like a pack mule." She protested, as she lifted the large bag of puppy food. "Good, then let's go back." He said turning and leaving.

7:36 A.M., the next morning
"A DOG!!" "You brought back a DOG?!!?!!" Dragaunus roared at her when he saw the dog. "Ahh, but you don't understand. These kinds of dogs are special," she said walking towards him. "Why? What makes these earth mongrels so different?" he demanded "Because, they're raised on this planet to hunt ducks." This brought an evil smile to his face. "Very well, then, I should have known you do make good judgments." He said turning and leaving the room. "So what are you gonna' call this 'Earth Mongrel'? Sheeba asked Chameleon, who had been cowering in the shadows in fear of what Dragaunus might have done at the sight of the puppy "Lucky" he answered without even having to think about it. "Why Lucky?" she asked wondering at the name he had chosen. "Because he's lucky he didn't get blasted at." He answered, scooping the puppy up and taking him, most likely, back to his room. "Lucky." She repeated to herself. She was starting to regret being so nice to Chameleon. She didn't know why, but she was just regretting the whole night. "Henchmen." she hissed to herself as she turned on the TV "And in other news, last night, a puppy was stolen from the 'Critters 'n' Things' pet store in the Anaheim mall." "The police are baffled to how the canine was stolen, and have not, at this time released any information regarding the suspects." An anchorwoman spoke into a microphone. "Nothing else appears to be stolen, but the thief must have been awful stupid, for there was strawberry slushy trailed all over the men's bathroom on the first floor." Sheeba had to bite her tongue to keep from laughing at this. She was trying to unwind from last night so she wouldn't get yelled at for being hyper. "You don't know the half of it." Sheeba thought to herself, switching off the monitor and leaving the room. There was always repairs that needed to be done, world take over plans to be thought up, ect.., ect. and she figured she ought to get an early start on the day.

***********************************************************************


This page hosted by Get your own FREE Home Page