Single White Female

by Sheeba

A young male Saurian of about twelve or thirteen stood alone in his quarters staring out the viewing window of the ship his family had ended up in. Nothing to do in Dimensional Limbo besides look out the windows and wish for freedom. There wasn't really anything out there to watch, anyway.

This young male, however, didn't realize he was being watched. Hunted, actually.

A young female Saurian of about the same age was walking slowly and silently towards him. He turned just in time to see her pounce on him and found himself on the floor with her pinning him down. "Aww, let me up, Sheebie!" He snapped at her. "Not until you say Uncle!" she growled back at him. "Never!" he yelped and pushed her backward off of him. She landed on the floor and grabbed the closest thing to her, a pillow, and smacked him with it. He pounced on her and shredded the pillow with his claws. Feathers from the stuffing were flying everywhere.

The young female heard a noise behind her and turned to see a large emerald green female standing in the doorway. The green female stared at the two young Saurians harshly before setting her gaze down on the small female. "Good afternoon, Lady Salamanca." The female smiled humbly up at the older green one. "Dragaunus, I thought I said I didn't want you to be alone with her anymore." Salamanca glared at the male. "But mom," the young male protested, "we're friends." Salamanca steped forward and smacked him across the face with an open hand. "Don't argue with me!" she snarled. "Now let's go!" He looked at Sheeba but didn't dare say anything, just followed his mother out of the room.

Sheeba watched them leave. "It isn't fair!" she snarled, ripping what was left of the pillow into shreds.
"Why does she hate me so much?"

Another adult Saurian, which she recognized, had heard her rantings and checked in on her. "Life isn't always fair, now is it?" he hissed at her. She looked up, surprised. "Terribly sorry to have disturbed you, Lord Magnus." She apologized quickly. "That's excusable. You, like my son, have a ferocious temper." She looked up at him and a shy smile crossed her face. "But don't worry about Salamanca, she's just over protective" He continued. "Why?" Sheeba asked not comprehending the full extent of why Lady Salamanca was so cruel towards her. "Because you're a female, and her first born son is a male and she doesn't want him turning out like she did, having children by the age of fifteen, I mean" He said, staring down at her. Just then a thought crossed Sheeba's mind. "Well if she is so afraid of that happening, why do you two practically raise me even when my own parents don't want me around?" she snapped at him, but started to regret saying it after she did. "Because I know that some day, my son will rule the Saurian Empire, and I think you'll be a suitable female for him. He does like you and that's more than can be said about the other females that are around his age." She rolled her eyes. Sensing that she was getting bored of standing there and talking about the Royal Bloodlines and the future he had planed for she and his son, he dismissed her to go back to her normal routine of being a young Princess.

Sheeba decided maybe the safest place to be for a while with Salamanca so mad at her, would be in the room which she shared with her older sister. "Kira's so lucky." Sheeba thought envious of her sister. "The first born is always the most loved." She stopped walking suddenly to keep from slamming into a golden yellow male that stood in front of her. He looked to be about fifteen or sixteen, and tough enough to rip through the side of the ship with little effort. She didn't at all appreciate the way he was staring at her. "Now what is Limbo coming to when such a pretty young female has to be all by herself?" he asked in a low, deep voice.

She didn't answer him, and just stood there silent as he circled around her like a shark does its prey. He stopped in front of her again and tried to look her in the eyes, but she quickly looked down at the floor. "Aww, now don't be that way." He crooned and gently lifted her face up so she was forced to look at him. "I'd be glad to keep you company." He hissed. She smiled shyly. "Really?" she asked with false interest. "Of course." He answered, putting and arm around her waist.

She saw an opportunity to get away, and slashed his face with her claws. He immediately let go and dropped to his knees holding his left eye. Sheeba thought for a moment that she had put it out and if she did, good. Any male who would come on to such a young female, and a Princess at that deserved to be blind in one eye. After watching him for a moment, she realized that she had just put a deep scratch from the middle of his forehead down across his eye and to the middle of his face, and hadn't actually scratched his eye out.

He was screaming in pain and this soon attracted the attention of several adults, Lady Salamanca was one of them. They all looked at Sheeba as if they were going to rip her apart. Salamanca glared at Sheeba and demanded "What happened here?" Sheeba was terrified at what Salamanca might do to her. "His dirty mind got him into trouble." She snapped, looking Salamanca directly in the eyes and trying to act like she wasn't afraid. It came as a shock that the young female was standing up to her, and she looked away. "Get him to the infirmary" Salamanca ordered. A light tan male slave quickly obeyed her orders and the crowd started to thin out, leaving Sheeba and Salamanca standing alone together. Not quite alone, though. Dragaunus stood at the far end of the hallway watching them.

Salamanca started, "Sheeba, why do you" but the Princess interrupted. "No, Lady Sal, why do you always insist on keeping me away from your son? Do you hate me and my family that much, or do you think he's gonna' get me pregnant like Magnus did you when you were 15 and then force you into marriage, is that it?!" Sheeba had tears streaming down her face by the time she was finished. Salamanca looked shocked. "I…I…." She stuttered, then turned and rushed past Sheeba, and didn't even stop to look at her son as she charged through the door and down the other hallway.

After several moments, Sheeba glared at Dragaunus and he walked over to her but didn't say anything. Sheeba blinked several times and spoke. "I'm sorry as to what I'm said about your mother, but . . . ." "I know, Sheebie." He said softly. "I've think the same thing about her, and it's about time someone put her in her place." "Now come on, your parents are probably wondering where you're at." She just glared at him. "At least your parents worry about you, that's more than I can say for mine." She sighed sadly, and turned and walked away from him.

Back to the Fanfiction Page