The First Face Off: Revised

by Princess Sheeba Marie

 

Saurian Flagship; somewhere outside of Puck World's Atmosphere

Sheeba looked down on the unsuspecting plane from the small viewing window in her quarters with anxiousness. She thought of all the unsuspecting ducks down there, and the fact that they would soon have revenge for their ancestors. Her thoughts were suddenly disturbed as the door swept open and Dragaunus walked in. "What will life be like for us after we take over this planet?" she asked, not turning away from the window. He walked up behind her and put his hands on her shoulders. "I'm not sure, but I know that things will be much better than they were in Limbo. We'll have unlimited food, we won't have to work for anything, and will have life fairly easy." "Just think of them down there. So unsuspecting and carefree. And soon, it will all be ours." She said, turning around and looking at him with excitement in her brilliant orange eyes "Yes, and we'll have revenge for what Drake DuCaine did to us". He said, grabbing her by the arm and pulling her close to him. "And." he continued. "And what?" she asked, looking up at him with strange interest replacing the excitement in her eyes. Before he could answer her, his communicator started beeping. "Can you excuse me for a moment?" he asked stepping back out of the room. "What do you want?" he snarled into the thing, squeezing it with no regard to the crack, which had begun running up the side. At first there was the noise of empty space, then a crackle, and Siege's voice faded in. "Everything is in place, Lord Dragaunus. We can proceed with the plans any time you wish." He spoke with relative clarity. "Excellent" Dragaunus hissed into the receiver. "I'll be there soon." He said coldly as he crushed the communicator with little effort. "Sheeba." He said, stepping back into her room, "I have to go, everything is ready." "Good, I guess that means I had better get to the control room of this war horse." She said with noticeable excitement. "Good luck, and be careful" she said as she walked passed him and down the hallway. "Same to you, Princess." He said as he started to teleport back to the main ship.

Sheeba's orders had been to wait fro the command before secloaking her ship. She waited in the control room with seven other Saurians, five females and two males. "Sheeba, is this realy going to work?" an emerald green female asked from some where off to her left. Sheeba turned and looked deep into the yellow eyes of the one who had questioned their plan. "Cairo, I trust Dragaunus, and I know that he would never lead me into something dangerous, and so, I think it's safe to say that it'll work." She said and turned back to the control pannel. She fixed her attention straight foreward, to the large computer screen which showed their target and waited nerviously for the signal with the tip of her tail twitching occasionaly. The room grew silent, and after what seemed like an eternity of waiting, Dragaunus's voice broke over the loud speaker. "Prepare to de-cloak, NOW!". And finaly, after weeks of waiting, hovering above Puck World under the Saurian cloaking devices, the Saurians attacked, with all the fury of their ancestors injustice spurring them on. With in a matter of hours, Puck World fell to the Saurian Empire, and for several months, was ruled by Lord Dragaunus and Princess sheeba, untill…..

"This is the life!" Sheeba exclaimed, picking through the bones of what had been lunch, or more formally known as the President of Puck World. "Sheeba, I've got a job for you." Dragaunus said, pushing his plate away, which was quickly whisk away by one of the servants. "Fire away!" she answered, tipping her chair back. "I've been hearing of a team of seven rebels, who call themselves 'the Resistance'. I want you to find them and kill them." He said coldly. "Sure, no problem, sir." She said letting her chair drop foreword "Who's the leader?" She asked chewing on a small bone that had fallen off of the tray their meal had been served on. "Some drake, which goes by the name Canard," he answered with little concern in his voice. "And I'd appreciate it if you'd take care of them soon, I don't know what they're capable of." "I'll handle it right away." She said getting up and leaving the room. He sat there for sometime thinking about her. She was always to willing to please him, and followed his orders with out question. Most of the other Saurians that he gave direct orders to complained about the task which he had given them, or others, like Wraith, commented about how the plan would never work, or something annoying like that. Sheeba, however had always accepted her orders with out any negative comments, only minor suggestions on how his plans could be made better.

She was a dear friend, and someone he trusted with his life, but he had all ways wondered if she felt something more for him, but he could never really find the right time to ask her.

Sheeba crept along the dark, narrow alley to where she had been told this 'Resistance' was staying. Silently she walked up to the door and turned the handle. It slowly creaked open, and she found herself staring into an obviously lived in room. Partially finished guns lay scattered around the room, clothes, food, medical supplies just about everything….but no ducks. She wandered around the room looking for some answer as to where they were, growing more and more angry at the prisoner who had offered to talk instead of die. Finally, she gave up and walked back out of the small room, and to her horror, saw a large column of smoke billowing up from where Dragaunus' main ship was. She ran out into the street and grabbed the closest thing she could find, a high ranking general's L.E.H.V. (Laser Equipped Hover Vehicle, for those of you who don't know much about the weapons used in the take over) and sped off toward the dark cloud of smoke on the horizon.

Several hours later, Sheeba lay in bed, sobbing into her pillow. Her sister walked in to check on her. They hadn't seen each other since before the take over, since they had devided feelings about conquering the planet. "I am truly sorry for your loss." The dark brown female said, kneeling beside her bed. Sheeba raised her head and just stared at her. She didn't say anything, but her sister could tell she had said something wrong, and Sheeba was getting mad. "My loss?" Sheeba questioned "My loss?!" she said again, louder this time. "Kira, Dragaunus was not my loss, he isn't misplaced, or dropped somewhere on the street. He's d…" she couldn't go any further with her rantings, and she dropped her head back down in the pillow, crying something about life not being fair. She didn't look up for a very long time, but Kira wouldn't leave her side. Finally, with out looking up, she began to speak. "Kira, I want you to find out if this 'Canard' duck has a wife, fiancé or anything like that. If so, have her brought to me." "Yes Princess Sheeba" Kira said sympathetically before leaving the room. "That duck my be long gone," Sheeba thought to herself, "but I can still have some revenge for what he's done." She pondered what the duck which caused all of her suffering might have looked like, and after a while, opened the drawer of the table which sat close to her bed and dug around the in the stuff for a nail file. "Oh, yes… I will have revenge!" she though filing her long black claws down to sharp points. "For what he done, she shall pay." Sheeba continued to think as she left her privet chambers and went looking for her sister.

This page hosted by Get your own FREE Home Page