Written with support and help from Mahala Alderidge and Amber "D.C." , and in loving and fond memory of "Ghostie"

* * *

The Saurian Empire had completely thrown Earth's resistance forces off guard. There were a few feeble attempts at stopping the Empire's war ships, but none were successful, and the worst damage the ships sustained were a few holes from the Earthling's primitive weaponry.

All the major capitols had been destroyed first, leaving the rest of the population in chaos.

The major cities lay in ruins, their homes and buildings destroyed, the streets a bloody battle field painted red with blood which was the testimony to the proof of innocent lives lost, and the people who had survived the initial attacks forced into slavery to build bigger and more powerful war ships for the Empire.

 

"Fayette, if you were Sheeba, and a male were trying to win you over, what sort of gift would you except from that certain male after he asked you to become his mate?" Dragaunus asked his sister cautiously as he watched her playing with the Chameleon's dog. "Well, I'm not sure. I'm not Sheeba. And don't get me wrapped up in all this. If you're gonna' purpose to her, that's your problem, not mine." She answered as cautiously as he'd asked. "Well, I'm just not sure." He growled. "Not sure of what?" She sighed; a little annoyed by the way her brother was acting. "I'm fairly sure she's right for me, I mean we've known each other for so long, and we're both completely and totally evil, but I just don't know what to give her. What ever I do has to be something grand, after all, it represents me."

"I'm sure glad I was born a female." She snickered. "'Cause you males nearly kill yourselves trying to win over a female that would obviously follow you to the ends of the Universe and then you always worry about whether or not she'll accept." She got up and walked over to his throne. "And then there's always worrying about whether or not the female will accept your gift, and . . ." "Okay Fayette, I get the idea!" he snapped. "But I was just thinking that because you're a female, and you're fairly close to her, you might know what she'd accept and what she wouldn't."

"Ya' know, maybe you should wait until we go back to Puck World to purpose, and ask Nova. He knows more about females than you and me both." "I'd sooner be shot than ask Nova for anything." He growled. "Yeah, I agree. I'd sooner have you shot than to ask Nova for anything." "That wasn't funny, Fay." Dragaunus sighed. "Sorry." She answered.

"Oh, I got it!" Fayette squealed after a long silence. "What?" Her brother demanded. "I'll take care of everything. Just trust me!" She answered and dashed out of the room.
* * *

"Sheeba, everything's in place to open a gateway to Puck World." General Atoka informed the Princess via a holographic com projection. "Good." Sheeba answered casually. "In precisely five minutes, open the gateway and wait for a signal from either I or Lord Dragaunus before initiating the attack. Do you understand?" "Yes my Princess." The black drake answered and closed the com link.

Sheeba teleported into the control room in the new control tower. "Everything's ready m'lord, we can proceed when you so desire." She informed him. "Excellent then." He smirked as he smiled evilly at her. She returned the smile and added, "Then I'd better get to the control room of my ship, yes?" "Yes, you should, and be careful Princess." He answered. "We've been waiting three years for our revenge, now good luck to you Lord Dragaunus." She hissed as she bowed and teleported to the control room of the ship she would be over seeing.

"Atoka, where's Eel and Fayette?" Sheeba demanded from the black duck that stood in her ship. "They're in a safe house here on this planet and will be sent to you and Dragaunus when Puck World has been taken and things have calmed down a little." He answered respectfully. "Good, I'm glad not to have them to watch out for." "So do we have a go ahead?" an emerald green Saurian female asked from the control panel of the ship. "Not yet Cairo, as the last time we invaded Puck World, we have to wait from the signal from Dragaunus.

After a long silence, the telecommunications system that linked every ship together switched on, and the Saurians' leader gave the go ahead to attack.

 

The first ship to go through the tear was the Saurian flagship, which was placed under Sheeba's supervision. It would be the first to enter Puck World's atmosphere, and though it was equipped to fight; it wouldn't be firing, and was just used basically as a large flying billboard.

Next was the large fleet of fighter ships, equipped with almost every laser and weapon the Empire had to offer. One Saurian over saw them and the rest of the crew were hunter drones which would storm the cities upon landing.

The final ship to pass through the tear was an over seer's ship, of which Dragaunus was in charge of. It was relatively small in comparison to the flag ship, and had most of the abilities that the fighter ships did, but was basically just a way for the Saurian leader to have control over the Empire and give orders.

Proceeding the attack, several hours of savage fighting followed between the inhabitants of Puck World and mainly hunter drones, Puck World once again fell to the Saurian Empire, and everything fell silent in the streets . . .except the occasional mournful wail of a female duck, or the pitiful cry of an abandoned baby. Fires burned wild in the forests and streets alike, and the greater majority of the ducks had been forced back into slavery.
* * *

After a lengthy victory party and a fabulous speech given by Lord Dragaunus; written by Sheeba no doubt, the Princess slinked away from the now mostly drunken and happy Saurians to Dragaunus's quarters where she found him waiting for her.

"We've done it." She stammered, still a little amazed. "We've finally done it." "Yes, of course we did." He answered. "Did you ever have any doubts?" "And look at everything we've gained in the process." She sighed. "If not for Earth, we may never have really know what could be between us." "Precisely." He answered and handed her a long, rectangular box wrapped in shiny silver paper and tied with an elegant black bow.

"What is it?" she asked playfully and shook the box gently. "Open it and see." He answered and watched her with anticipation. She rolled her eyes slightly and began to unwrap it.

Removing the silver wrapping paper, a black case was revealed. She looked up at him with question in her eyes. "Well, go on." He growled.

She sighed and opened the case.

Revealed was a beautiful fuzzy black interior in which a brilliantly polished flute rested. It was silver bodied with a golden mouth piece and golden keys, and had been obviously hand buffed to absolute perfection.

Sheeba's first reaction was total shock. "A flute?" She questioned, a little sure of his intentions. "I fully understand if you find it to be too odd of a gift, but . . ." "No" she interrupted. "I like it but it's just a little different, that's all. I mean different as in; it's a very individual gift. But I do have a small question." She smirked slightly as she closed the case. "Yes?" he asked. "Why on Earth, or Puck World, did you get me a gift like this?" "It's just custom for a male Saurian to get a female a gift when he's purposing." He answered slyly. Sheeba gasped. "You don't even have to ask, you already know my answer, if you know me as well as you should." She sighed dreamily. "Then welcome to my Empire, Lady Sheeba." He said and bowed slightly to her.
* * *

"So how'd it go?" Fayette asked her brother the next morning when she was brought to Puck World. "The Saurian Empire has a new Lady." Her brother answered as he smiled evilly at her. "I told ya' she'd accept!" Fay growled at her brother. "So. . . uhh. . ." she began to snicker. "Spill it Fay, what'd ya' do?" he demanded. "Nothin', just wonderin' when the baby'll be born!" She teased. "Get the hell out of here." He snarled simply at her.

Eel came rushing into the control room with a beautiful female Saurian following her.

The female was dark chocolate brown with orange hair, eyes and claws. She wore a very short orange skirt with a high split up the side, and a matching top which was more than revealing.

"So they let the scum back on Puck World ehh?" she growled defensively and glared at Dragaunus. "What do you want Kira?" he sighed, unconcerned with her insults. "Just to see if it was true that you and my sorry excuse for a sister had returned. And unfortunately, you have." She answered haughtily. "If you weren't the sister to my new mate, I'd have you skinned alive and served at a banquet party." He growled at her. "Your new mate?!? She yelped.

"Yeah, so I guess we're sister-in-laws now." Fayette snickered and smiled sweetly at Kira. "Get away from me you horrid little child!" Kira replied and stormed out of the room.

Just as she left, Sheeba teleported into the control room. She was dressed in a beautiful purple robe trimmed in silver, with a matching headdress and various other wonderful adornments.

"You missed it." Eel commented. "What'd I miss?" Sheeba questioned. "Ehh, the local slut showed up to torment the rest of us Royalties." Fayette sighed. "Lucretia showed up?" The Sheeba questioned. "No, Kira." Dragaunus growled. "Oh. Why'd she leave so soon?" "She found out that I was her new sister-in-law." Fay answered and smiled evilly at her. "Well, then." Sheeba sighed. "I'll give that news about ten minutes before it gets circulated around the Empire that I have a new position in the Empire." Sheeba said as she shook her head and rolled her eyes.

"I'm beginning to think maybe she and Nova should get together sometime." Fayette giggled. "I pity the gene pool." Sheeba growled grimly and teleported back out of the room.

Return to the Fanfiction Page