Painted Windows

by Sheeba Marie

 

The soft fall of rain was the first thing Sheeba noticed as she began to wake. Much to her comfort, she looked around finding herself in she and Dragaunus's quarters. The balcony door wide open curtains blowing wildly in the wind. Shivering as she sat up, and quickly forced herself back down because of a pain which shot through her lower abdomen. "This is it" she thought to herself "All these months of waiting and expecting, now I'm going to have my child. . or children. . .and where's Dragaunus?" Slowly she eased back down, somehow knowing what to expect, somehow anticipating, like all who came before . . .

Slowly, the massive and heavy metal door screeched back into a semi-open position, Dragaunus walking in, followed by a young human girl with long blonde hair which fell about four inches past her shoulders. The girl was carrying a bowl, most likely filled with water, Sheeba thought, and a wash cloth. She seemed almost too young for her own good to be there, only about thirteen or so. Her eyes met Sheeba's once; blue and burning with fire, before she quickly set the bowl and wash cloth down on a side table and bowed humbly to Sheeba.

"Where'd you find the child, Dragaunus?" Sheeba asked in a low, soft voice. "That's no child, it's a slave." He replied coldly, taking the white female Saurian's hand in his own and easing down next to her. Cautiously, the human girl approached, sliding her hand gently across Sheeba's wrist. "You're. . going into labor, M'lady. ." She muttered. Slowly taking a breath in, and wincing in pain, Sheeba nodded. "Why did you bring her here, Dragaunus? She's only a child, what good can she do?" The war lady asked, inching closer to her mate and raising up into a sitting position, placing a hand gently on the reflective armor covering his chest. "To assist you Sheeba. After all that's what slaves are for. . ." "I may be a servant, but I'm no slave!" The girl snapped defensively.

A long, tense moment of silence punctuated her words, being broken only by a gasp from Sheeba. "It won't be too long now. . ." She finally continued, readjusting the black cloth which covered her head, something like a bandanna. "I'll wait." The girl drifted out into the center of the room, where a soft shaft of light penetrated the darkness. For the first time, Sheeba got a good look at her. She was about five feet tall or maybe a bit over that, slimly built, from being starved in the slave camps for the past few months, Sheeba imagined, and looked like any other human Sheeba had seen before, black jeans and matching boots, and a dark blue and gray tie-dye shirt with a dragon logo on it.

Noticing his mate watching this female slave, Dragaunus smiled a bit, not outwardly, but more to himself. Sheeba was the only one of his harem that he actually loved; after all they'd been through together, love was what had resulted. He found her personality to be quite interesting. She was cold hearted and a ruthless killer, but yet she actually formed emotional attachments to her servants. Unlike himself. "Her name is Triad." He whispered so that only Sheeba could hear him. "That's what the overseer of the work camp she was kept at referred to her as." Sheeba sighed softly and uneasily.

Triad turned, hearing the whimper form the female. "You're really hurting aren't you, what having a child without any pain killers?" She asked, seeming somewhat confused about Sheeba's whole purpose for being; to have the offspring of the Overlord. "Well, it isn't that bad. . ." She replied thoughtfully, placing a free hand on the bulge in her nearly see through under robe, usually what she wore under her official robe. "Well, I've heard that it really hurts women. . I mean humans. . or. ." Sheeba laughed softly. "Child, it's not as painful, like it is with human females, at least not for Saurian 'women' as you refer to them." "Well. . . . I didn't know." She replied with a snort.

Another long silence. Sheeba eased back against her pillow. "Get ready. . who ever." She warned, sighing both in pain and anticipation. Her mate, the one deemed as a bloodthirsty tyrant laid his head down next to hers, pulling her close and whimpering softly. Whimpering as a single tear slid down her cheek, she pulled up and away from the war lord. "Well, there. It just popped right out of there. Nasty. . ." Triad offered, picking up a large, nearly see through form covered in a thick slime coating.

"It's . . .a. . ." Dragaunus managed, caught up in what the human girl was holding. She slowly set it down, the thing dripping blood and clear, whitish slime. "Human births were never this bad, at least not from what I learned on Discovery Channel." Triad mumbled, attempting to help the child out of the slick, slimy covering which clung to it's tiny body. "Well, is the first born male?" Dragaunus asked anxiously. "Erh." She replied, confused, and began wiping the young thing off gently. "Yea, I think." She replied, setting the black scaled child next to it's mother. "Here we go again, its sibling wants out!" Sheeba yelped, and braced herself against the bed.

The new born child began to cry for the first time, as the second was born, wiped nearly clean, and handed off to it's mother also. Looking down at the two children, both parents sighed happily. "The first born was a male, m'lord." Sheeba sighed. "And the second a female." The first born, the male, and the largest of the two opened his bright orange eyes and yawned. A mouth full of needle sharp teeth greeted Sheeba, as he attempted to clamp down on her arm. "Triad. . go find something from the kitchen, raw meat. Fresh, and still bloody. This child is hungry, and there's no way he's going to nurse from me with all of those teeth." Sheeba ordered, surprisingly energetic and awake. Following her orders like she'd been forced to do, she quickly scurried out of the room.

Sighing heavily, Sheeba snuggled closer to her new children and laid her head in between the two. "My child. . what a phrase. I never thought I'd be able to say that." The male took delight in being so close to his mother, and anxiously snuggled closer to her. The female though, simply laid there, making no efforts to move, and seemed barely able to open her eyes. Gently, Sheeba rolled over onto her back, and placed the tiny female, only half the size of her brother, on her belly between the soft blanket of the bed and Sheeba's warm chest. "What's wrong with her, the female?" Dragaunus asked cautiously, looking her under developed body over. "I'm not sure." The now seemingly exhausted female replied, kissing her daughter's fore head gently. "Do you wanna' take her for a while?" She asked, looking up at Dragaunus. "I. . uh. . no." he replied, caught with his guard down.

Sheeba looked up as Triad returned with a platter of meat, as ordered, which looked like a freshly killed duck. "You're dismissed, for the time being." She yawned, waving the girl away, whom disappeared from the room. Some how knowing how to handle the situation, Sheeba scooped the whimpering and shivering male up, placing him on top of her by his sister, and began tearing off small pieces of the meat and offering to them both. He accepted more easily that his sister, but she too was convinced to eat a bit after being coaxed.

"Natori and Cassandra." She sighed happily. "We never did consider names, Dragaunus. What do you think of Natori and Cassandra? Lord Natori, ruler of the Saurian Empire, and Princess Cassandra." He looked down at her, and then to the two now satisfied young children. "It needs something more, her name I mean. Princess Cassandra Reptillia." He answered, inching closer to her, but deliberately avoiding Cassandra and Natori. "Sia. Cassandra Reptillia Sia. . ." "Marie." He finished. Blushing slightly, she nodded. "Future Overlord Natori, and Princess Cassandra Reptillia Sia-Marie" She echoed happily, yawning to herself, and eventually drifting into a soft sleep.

This gave the Overlord time to think. Time to reflect. He had got Darqe pregnant, or so she thought. He told her to wait a month or so before announcing it. This was Sheeba's first time, and she'd appreciate getting most of the attention . . . but he did have regret for possibly getting Darqe pregnant so soon. It was one of the few things he really regretted in his life, for it may really hurt Sheeba, he knew.