New Light on the Horizon

 

9:34 A.M Saturday morning:
Sheeba and Dragaunus stood together in the control room talking. Life was starting to get crazy for the two. They were both starting to find out what the felt for each other. "And all this time, I thought it had been just me." Sheeba said softly. "Yeah, me two." He admitted. The sky outside was clear and perfectly blue. "So, uhh, I was planning on going out haunting tonight, if you want to come…" Sheeba asked shakily. "Sure of course." Dragaunus said without even having to think about his answer. "Great, so I guess I'd better get busy and do something." Sheeba said, walking away.

When the automatic door opened up, Siege and Chameleon spilled in. Sheeba looked down at them, and then to Dragaunus. "How much of our conversation did you hear?" He asked looking straight at them. Chameleon got up and morphed into a typical old farm woman (apron, gray hair in a bun, holding an apple pie) and said. "Our little overlord is growing up." Sheeba snickered, but just for the fun of it, grabbed the pie he was holding and shoved his face into it. "Mmm, nothing like apple pie, is there Chameleon?" the asked sarcastically. "Heh, heh, no" he said, walking to the door. "What are you staring at?" she snarled at Siege. "Nothing" he said bluntly. "Good, then get out!" she ordered. Just to show how much he dispised her, he took his time getting to the door. This mad her mad. "Beached whale." She mumbled. He turned around and glared at her, but kept on going "Over turned semi." She said a little louder. "Globe." "Beach ball" "Why you!" he snapped. "Uh uh, you can't do anything, I'm royalty, remember?" She hissed. "Would you two stop it!!?!" Dragaunus roared at the two. "Sorry" Sheeba said sheepishly. Siege left the room, leaving Sheeba and Dragaunus to what ever they were discussing. "Why can't you get along with him better?" Dragaunus asked once Siege was gone. " 'Cause his brain rattles around in that head of his like a pea in a box car!" she answered, and stormed out of the room.

Sheeba walked quickly down the maze of hallways and rooms the ship had until she got to her quarters. "Aww, what's the matter Princess?" Wraith asked from somewhere behind her. For some reason, she hadn't seen him until she got right up to her door. "Just fightin' with Siege again." She answered, sounding depressed. "What'd he do this time?" Wraith asked, following her into her quarters. "He was listening in on a very private conversation!" Sheeba snapped, not really meaning to direct her chaotic anger towards the old sorcerer, but more towards Siege. "Him and Chameleon have to be the two nosiest Saurians I've ever met. Maybe if they worried a little less about what everyone else was doing and more about themselves, then maybe, just maybe, they wouldn't get yelled at so often." Sheeba roared, smashing the mouse of her computer with an open hand. "Sorry Sheeba" Wraith said, turning to leave her alone to her rantings. "No wait," Sheeba stopped him. "You know what you said last night about how tomorrow might not ever get here? Well, I took your advice and talked to Dragaunus about that last night." "If you don't mind my asking, what did he say?" he asked, slipping back in to her place. "Well, that he feels the same way, and agrees that it's time we decided to be more than friends, and tonight we're going haunting." "Yes," Wraith sighed, "I remember haunting quite well." "Ya' know, sometime we should go together, just you and me." She said, suddenly feeling energetic. "Sheeba, I'm too old to go haunting." He protested, still knowing that somehow she'd talk him into going. "You're only as old as you feel." "If that were true, I'd be dead." He commented dryly. She just shook her head and laughed. "Get out." She hissed playfully.

She sat alone for a while, thinking about the mysteries of life. Things were just about right for her, except for the fact that they didn't rule this planet, but that was just a minor detail to her. There was brand new light on her horizon. After a while, she got up and went to the control room so that she and Dragaunus could work out a schedule for their haunt.
The End

 

Return to the Fanfiction Page

This page hosted by Get your own FREE Home Page