Fearless Leader Girl

by Sheeba Marie

A young, light-green female Saurian crept up the steps to the new control tower. She was thinking of her brother who had been either killed or sent to another planet when the Strike Team attacked only a week ago.

The female didn't know the new Saurian ruler very well, only that she went by the name Sheeba and she was the first female ruler since several generations ago.

She continued up the steps, thinking of her brother, and how he was always joking around with little worry, and never considered the consequences of what might result from his actions.

Another young female watched the green female with curiosity. She wondered what had brought her here, and what business she had sneaking around the main tower. The green female turned to see a tall, white Saurian female, dressed in a long black robe with a hood pulled up over her head standing before her.

"What are you doing snooping around my home?" The white female growled. The small green one just stared at her for a moment. "I . . . I'm not sure, I just miss my brother so much I just thought there may be something left for him to be remembered by around here." She whispered just loud enough for the other female to hear. The white female sighed. "Just who is your brother, dear?" she questioned more softly than before. "Uhh, no one you'd know, just a male shape shifter named Chameleon" The white female shook her head and went back inside. Nothing more to see, nothing more to do.

Once inside, the female looked around at the large, dome shaped room that she stood in. In the corner was the Saurian flag which hung sadly at half-mast.

Her week to mourn the lost of her friend was up. In the morning, she had to start picking up what was left of herself and the Empire and continue on ruling the it and Puck World. "Lot'sa luck, there, Sheebie" she thought sadly to herself.

She wiped her face with her hands to keep from crying. If anyone had it bad, it was her. She lost a great friend and loyal companion. They were closer than brothers and sisters, siblings fought, however they never seemed to disagree with one another. And on top of it all, she had almost no leadership training, and it was her responsibility to keep the Empire going.

Sheeba wandered away to her private chambers and tried for hours to get to sleep, and finally gave up and lay there awake thinking of he unstable future. She was now the highest-ranking Saurian on Puck World, but still her future wasn't going to be a bright one. The ducks rebelled once, and she knew they'd try it again. It was just a question of when. Sheeba closed her eyes and drifted into a restless sleep.

"Princess Sheeba, come quick, there's another rebellion going on right now!!!" General Fliersaur was knocking on her door and trying to wake her. Sheeba opened her eyes wide with rage. "They just won't stop, they just wont let him rest in peace!" She growled lowly to herself and sat up.

Within a few minutes, Sheeba appeared at the door, but she looked totally different than the last time the General had seen her. She had on shiny, black, iridescent armor and a long, black robe trailing behind her. She also had a long, silvery dagger that looked have about a two foot-long blade and was loosely wavy. But her new attire wasn't the only thing Fleuasaur noticed about her. She had a dark and evil feel about her. Not like she used to, no, it was something more. Her eyes. They were wild and glowing.

"Take me there." She snarled at him. She was over the edge, he realized. She wasn't the Princess she used to be, loose and care free. She had, over the last week, slowly taken on a personality more like Dragaunus than the real Sheeba. She was cruel to everyone, and security had slowly tightened its grip around the Empire like a boa constrictor around a rabbit.

"I said, let's go!" She growled louder at him. It startled him to have her acting that way and he quickly led her away.

In a small, green valley not far from the new control tower a bloody battle raged between a group of about 100 ducks and 80 Saurians and Hunter Drones combined, with new Drones teleporting in once every ten seconds. The Saurians were winning, but not without loss of lives, she knew.

Sheeba had some idea of what to do as a leader, but she'd never lead battles like this before. She sprinted to a small plateau in the center of the valley and surveyed the scene. A young male duck quickly spotted her and ran towards her, ready to fight.

As he got closer, she realized how young he rely was, somewhere around 15, way to young to be in a battle like this. But figured that if he was old enough to come after her, he was old enough for her to kill.

He leapt up near her, and she kicked him in the stomach, sending him to the ground. She jumped down and landed next to him, drew her dagger and swung down at his face. It caught him in the neck and slid through his flesh with ease.

Within minutes, the battle drew to an abrupt close as more and more Hunter Drones arrived. Sheeba stared down at the drake which lay dead on the battle field because of her. She felt no remorse for what she had done, almost glad of doing it, and would do it again if need be.

There were only a few ducks left, live ones that is, and they were swiftly captured and returned to the slave barracks. After all, some had to survive to warn the others of what happens when they try to escape.

Sheeba started looking around for whoever was supposed to be in charge of the ducks which tried to escape. "Who is responsible for this?!" she demanded. "I want to know who deserves the punishment for what has happened here today!" A tall, orange male stepped forward from the crowd of Saurians which had gathered around their new leader.

"It was I." He spoke. "What happened?" she demanded. "About ten of them attacked me. I fought back and kept the riot under control for a little while, but it was ten ducks against one Saurian." She stared at him coldly. Something about him made he change her mind about any horrible punishment
She had originally deemed for whoever was responsible. "You are forgiven this time," She said calmly and teleported back to her control tower.

Several hours later, Sheeba was sitting alone in the tower's main control room when there was a knock at the door and Lucretia DeCoy and a young Saurian-Duck Hybrid walked in.

"Well, lookie here, its the Empire's fearless leader!" Lucretia taunted. She knew Sheeba wouldn't hurt her, not in front of their sister, anyway. "Ahhh, the Avian Scum!" Sheeba shot back too tired to deal with the two.

The Hybrid looked up at Sheeba. "Who's she?" She asked. "Unfortunately, that would be your other half sis, Misty." Lucretia told her. "Yeah, turn the kid against me." Sheeba hissed and stared down at Misty. The hybrid cowered in her gaze. "What do you care?" Lucretia snapped back, "If it wasn't for me, she wouldn't even be alive!"

Sheeba stood up and started towards them. "Get to the point, DeCoy, what do you want?" "Who, me?" She said innocently. "I'm just checking in to see how my half sister's other half sister is doing." "Yeah, right". Sheeba snarled. " Now take that hybrid and get out." "You might want to consider being more kind to her, Sheeba." Lucretia said as she led Misty away. "Being nice gets nothing done, now take that kid and go!" Sheeba turned and sat back down.

As Lucretia and Misty reached the door, Sheeba turned around in her throne and hissed, "Hey kid, now you know what your name stands for?" The hybrid turned around and nodded. "It stands for mistake because your father was Saurian royalty and your mother a slave duck!" Misty felt tears burning in her eyes. She was young, but still knew about her father and mother, or more formally, Lucretia's mother and Sheeba's father.

"Come on, Misty, let's go." Lucretia said as she pushed her out the door.

Sheeba smiled evilly. She would have revenge on everyone in the species that caused her torture. She stood back up and walked to the center of the room. She sighed lightly and started to whisper, "I will have revenge, I swear to you, Dragaunus, where ever you are, I will have revenge for you, me, and what could have been between us."

Sheeba turned and went off to her quarters leaving the tower's control room empty and silent as a tomb.
***
"I can't believe her." Lucretia said out loud as she lead Misty out the main door of the tower. Misty followed along silently, trying to fight back the tears and forget the stinging words that Sheeba had said.

General Fliersaur was pacing around one the steps near the main door when Misty and Lucretia burst through. Seeing Lucretia, he smiled, and remembered that at certain times a female duck's company can be rather pleasant.

"Nice to see you again, Lu." He snickered at her. "Save it, lizard! I have more important things to do than entertain you!" she snapped at him. He pulled away, surprised.

"Aww, in a bad mood?" he hissed. "You really should find someone of your own species, Fliersaur." She growled, then smiled. "Yes, you should find someone of your own species, royalty, in fact." She laughed evilly. "What do you mean?" he asked reluctantly. She stopped laughing and looked straight at him. "Do you want to rule the Empire?" She asked calmly. He continued staring in bewilderment, having no clue of what she meant.

"Sheeba!" She exclaimed. "Get close to her, and get closer to the title of Overlord." "In fact, get so close to her that you can purpose, then you will be the new Saurian Overlord, and once the orange eyed wonder is out of the way, you'll be free to rule the Empire as you see fit."

He smiled evilly. "Yeah, maybe I should go find someone of my own species to keep me company." He hissed as he turned and went back in the control tower.
***
Sheeba was sitting alone on her private balcony wrapped up in her long black robe and staring up at the stars. She wondered if one of the stars she was seeing was the sun for whatever planet Dragaunus had arrived on. If he was still alive, she painfully reminded herself.

The door to her quarters opened slowly and she turned to see the General standing in her doorway. "All alone, huh?" he asked in a low voice. "Yeah, I suppose." She called from the balcony. "What a shame." He said, shaking his head back and forth and walking silently to where she sat balanced on the balcony's railing.

"What do you want?" she growled. "To keep a lonely white female company on this most beautiful of nights." He whispered close to her ear. "There's a difference between being lonely and being alone." She growled at him. "And besides that, I'm taken." He glared at her. "If you mean Dragaunus, he's long gone, probably with some female creature in another galaxy, and besides, to him, you were never more than a friend and an ally." He growled.

She turned around and stepped down from the railing and started towards him. "That's not true!" she snarled, "How dare you speak of him like that? He left with one thing only in his mind, to protect his Empire from those ducks and what ever they're capable of, and do you ever stop for one minute and think that maybe he didn't get to some other planet and something terrible, horrible happened? What if right now he's dying a slow, painful death? You never considered that did you?"

She pushed him several steps back. He was out raged by her actions and grabbed her by the throat with one hand and pulled her close to him. With out a moment's hesitation, he pushed her face close to his and kissed her.

Shock, fear and anger were all screaming wildly through out her mind, and she kneed him hard in the stomach. He let go of her and staggered back. Still in shock from his actions, she grabbed him and pushed him towards the balcony. He staggered back, hit the railing and flipped over it.

Sheeba heard a low growl which turned into a roar and then a muffled thud as he hit the ground far below.

She started to laugh. A high, evil, heartless laugh which sounded like wine glasses clanging together, cold and cruel. She suddenly stopped laughing and stared down at him "Tuff Enough?" she snickered in a matter-of-factly way and continued laughing.

She was now just like the previous Saurian leader, cold hearted and willing to kill one of her own on a whim. She had become was completely dark of heart, though, as where their previous leader had not been completely evil. The most terrifying part was, she actually enjoyed what she had done to the young drake earlier in the valley, and now what she'd done to General Fliersaur.

Return to the Fanfiction page