Jewel of the Darkness

By Sheeba Marie

 

Alarms screamed, ripping the previous silence of the night to shreds.

Sheeba sat straight up in bed, eyes glowing, ready for battle.

Dragaunus had already scrambled out into the hallway, armor on, searching for the intruder.

Searching around in the darkness, Sheeba found her robe and dagger, and finding them, slid out into the hallway to join in the hunt for the intruder.
***

A white female duck watched from a heating duct as the Saurian female entered the control room cautiously, and she knew she was the cause for all the trouble.

Waiting for her to move closer until she struck, she leaped down from the duct and collided with the Saurian, not even giving him time to react.

After a very brief struggle, she smiled to herself, and wiped the blood on her hands off onto her silver suit.

"One hard blow to the back of the neck was all it took . . ." She thought to herself and drew a puck riffle from her black cloak. " . . .but I'm going to be sure he's dead."

As she took aim, she was knocked to the floor by someone from behind, and rolled to see Dragaunus hovering over her with a large laser, aiming, ready to fire. She closed her cringed and began to scramble backwards, but was soon shot through the head, skull fragments splattering nearly everything in the room
***

Sheeba whimpered softly and tried to move. Someone had her pinned down and blind folded. She began to struggle against the opponent she couldn't see, and soon caught scent of someone she recognized, then realized she was in her own bed with her mate by her side.

"Why am I blind folded?" She asked, and relaxed again.

The movement of her struggling had sent a sharp pain through her head and she gladly laid still and waited for an explanation.

"The new Resistance broke into the control tower, a nights ago, and their leader attacked you, and now your sight is temporarily gone" Chameleon answered "You?! Get out f my bed! She demanded.
"Dragaunus told me to stay here in case you woke up!" He insisted.

She growled and shoved him hard, then heard him hit the floor.

"Oww! Hey, why'd ya do that!?" He whined. "Because I'm in no mood to deal with a bunch a' males, particularly the ones like you!" She snapped, and struggled to sit up.

Then she noticed the eerie darkness that was thick like a blanket.

"I am blind. . ." She whimpered, and began to remove the cloth that had been tied around her eyes. "For the time being, Sheebie." Chameleon whimpered "Leave that on, they say your vision should come back within a few weeks if you keep your eyes covered from bright light." He crawled back up onto her bed and gently put his hand on her arm in an attempt to calm her down.

As soon as she felt the sticky, moist suction cups on the tips of his fingers touch her arm, she went ballistic; snarling, growling, and trying to claw at him. In immediate reaction, he pulled away, and waited until she calmed down again before he began to speak.

"What's the matter Sheebs?" "I'll tell you what's the matter, I'm in no mood to be treated like a female by you, or any other male in this Empire! It's always the same way. Every six months, a female goes into the cycle, and she has a harem of males flocking around her wanting her to have his kid, and it isn't going to be that way with me!!" She snarled, leaving Chameleon staring a good distance away.

She slid her claws through her hair a few times, trying to get a hold of her temper, and then rested her head in her hands.

"Look Chamely, I know it's not your fault, and that's the way life for females is supposed to be, but it just isn't a good time. . ." She heard the door slowly open, and she waited and wondered who it was.

She heard Vitani's voice, and she didn't know what she'd asked Chameleon, but she heard the door close again and someone walk back over to her bed.

"What'd she want?" Sheeba asked slowly. "Just to see how you were." The shape shifter answered. "You've been out cold for two days."

"Two days? Now wonder I'm so hungry!" She yelped, and began to make her way to the edge of the bed.

"Dragaunus told me to make sure you stay in bed, I'll have one of the servants bring something, if you wish." He said as he tried to push her back down.

"Let go of me, male." She growled, and shoved him off the bed again.

He hit the floor hard, and groaned as he sat up. "Sheeba, oyy. . .don't do that!!"

"Well, I warned you to keep your hands to yourself." She answered, and scurried out of the room before he could stop her.
***
Even though she knew the lay out of the ship, the now-blind female kept bumping into things, she didn't know where every box and crate was, even though she was familiar with the ship design.

Feeling her way along the rough metal wall, she came across something unfamiliar, something smooth, and cool.

She was shocked when it screeched and pulled away, but the familiarity of the screech brought to mind previous battles, and the screams of the hunter drones.

The thought of it made her laugh. "A drone? I was fighting with a drone the whole time?" She laughed out loud.

"I thought I told you to stay in bed." Dragaunus growled from behind her.

She jumped, surprised at how close he'd gotten to her without her realizing it.

"You never told me anything of the sort, you told that to Chameleon and he was supposed to tell me, he did, but I'm in a very disobedient mood today!" She answered sarcastically.
"I swear, that pathetic shape shifter can't even keep track of a blind female." He sighed "Blind female?" She demanded. "I don't want to be kept track of!" "Sheeba, I'm warning you." He growled. "No, I'm warning you. . . I don't want to be treated as just another female, just something to have the young!" She snarled.

After a few moments of silence, she felt a sharp pain across her face as he slapped her hard, and she was knocked backwards into the wall. "You will obey me!" He snarled and pinned her up against the wall. "You are a female and you are my female and you will do as I say!!"

She felt him loosen his grip on her and let her go.

"Sheeba, I didn't mean to do that, it's just been a very. . .busy day." "What do you mean?" She asked, not even seeming upset.

"Members of the new resistance are crawling in and out of every hole in this Empire, there's already been several attacks made against this ship, but the attackers were luckily enough killed off." "It seems to me like we need a spy, someone on the inside who knows what the buzz on the street is. . ." She began to smile evilly. "And I know just the duck for the job, too. Find General Atoka, this job suits him quite well."
* * *

 

Sheeba was sent back to bed, left alone in the darkness to try and relax.

The white Saurian growled as she heard the door to she and Dragaunus's quarters open.

She was now well into her cycle and would, given the chance, attack any male who tried anything with her. She was unsure of who it was, and was just able to detect different brightness of light, but was still unable to actually see.

She heard a plate or saucer being sat down on the table next to her. She quickly scrambled to the other side of the bed, growling and hissing.

"Relax m'Lady" She immediately recognized the intruder as her mate. She was still tense, but the thought of another male Saurian or duck being the one in her quarters with her made her even more nervous than Dragaunus.

She sighed and buried back down under her blanket again.

"Just thought it may help put your mind at ease to know we have spies crawling all over the Resistance. . ." She felt his claws brush gently across the back of her neck, and temporarily it felt good, but she knew better than to submit to him while she was like she was; she knew the consequences too well.

With reluctance, she snarled and turned, snapping at his hand and missing by just a few inches.

She couldn't let herself become a mother just because she couldn't control her own hormones. She'd seen it happen to too many young females she'd known in her life ; every six months their cycle starts and they go hunt down a male to have a child with just because they can't control their urges.

In her life, she'd taught herself to ignore the urges fairly well, but for some reason she was having a hard time resisting the advances being made towards her now.

She felt herself slipping into a truly relaxed state, and she was completely mesmerized by the feeling of the Overlord's claws on the back of her neck.

She growled softly as she rolled onto her back

In the absence of the cool claws on her neck, she caught the scent of something wonderful which brought back memories of the first take over. Images of the sticky, gooey, red substance flashed through her mind as the remembered how fond she'd became of ducks blood pudding during the first take over.

She felt around and found that the bowl had been placed close to her, and she shifted onto her side and took in the warm scent of the blood pudding.

"Go on, it's a fresh kill too." Dragaunus smirked.

She snorted in reply and began lapping up the bowl's contents as a cat might do.

After a while, she felt her hair being moved to one side of her neck, and it made her shiver feeling the male's warm breath on the soft scales of her neck.

She twitched her tail slowly.

She knew she was inviting in trouble by relaxing into submission, but it felt so good to stop fighting against what she knew was natural.

She also knew it's been too long, she was the last born Saurian to be considered to have truly pure Royal blood lines. If she or Dragaunus were killed, the future generations' link to Taraq would be considered broken. Though Fayette was considered as Royalty, the Ancients referred to her as being unfit to be part of the Royal blood lines, as were Kira and Nova.

She wasn't sure what would happen next, or what to expect until she heard the Overlord begin speaking. She smiled as she thought he must have been reading her mind.

"I've brought new life and order to my Empire, accomplished my father's dream ; to escape Limbo and take revenge on the ducks. I've took a mate; a wonderful, submissive, understanding Royal female. And now I need and heir to take my title and responsibility over the Empire when I'm gone."

She sighed as she felt his sharp, deadly claws trace down her spine slowly, and stop at the base of her tail.

The hatred and protest that she had felt earlier were gone, and now what remained, she wasn't sure. It wasn't love, lust, submission, trust or relaxation, but a mixture of all five. It was indescribable to her, and she'd never felt anything like it before.

She anxiously waited for him to tell her what she was almost sure he was thinking.

"Sheeba, it was not something I mentioned to you when I asked you to be my mate, but will you have my child?" He whispered, hoping she wouldn't turn and attack.

The female nodded and smiled, willing, able, and ready to please her mate.

Return to the Fanfiction Page

This page hosted by Get your own FREE Home Page