The Most Sincere Form of Flattery

By Sheeba Marie

 

Sheeba was sitting in Dragaunus's throne in the control room and was watching the henchmen, who were in the middle of a fight. Nothing physical, but there were plenty of choice phrases being tossed about the room.

Siege had Wraith backed up against the wall of the control room and was shouting at him, all the while Chameleon kept morphing back and forth between his form and a greenish copy of Lord Dragaunus.

Sheeba didn't know what the three were arguing about, nor did she care. They were always complaining about something, blaming each other for their own mistakes, and over time she'd learned to ignore them.

About the forth or fifth time Chameleon shape shifted into Dragaunus, the real Saurian Overlord walked into the room, closely followed by Eel, who was chattering at him excitedly.

She shut up when she saw Chameleon in shape shift standing before them. "Extremely funny." Dragaunus growled at Chameleon, who sheepishly smiled and returned to his normal form.

Dragaunus turned his attention to Sheeba, and once she realized she was being watched, she got up from his throne and smiled respectfully at him.

" They say imitation is the most sincere form of flattery" Wraith interjected into the conversation. Eel rolled her eyes and smiled evilly at Chameleon. "Flattery, the most sincere form is imitation!" Sheeba hissed. "Duhh, that's what he said!" Eel sighed. "Imitation!" Sheeba repeated, sounding more and more enthused. "The most sincere form of flattery! In that case what'da ya' say we go capture Wild Wing and have Chameleon flatter him then?"

"Has she completely lost it?" Eel whispered to Dragaunus. "Let her talk, she has an evil idea forming in that brain of hers." He answered.

"Okay, okay!" Sheeba sighed. "If we can get into the ducks' head quarters some how and replace the real Wild Wing with Chameleon and download some sort of virus into their super computer then we shouldn't have any problems proceeding with other steps towards take over." "Hey, she does have something there." Eel commented.

"You Siege, Wraith, Chameleon, get out!" Dragaunus snapped at the three lackeys which scurried to the door with no hesitation. "You too Eel." Sheeba added and the blue female obeyed.

"We wouldn't need a device, or would we have to use any certain methods to get into their head quarters." Dragaunus said calmly after everyone but he and Sheeba had left. "If we could hack into their systems." She answered. "Precisely." He hissed and her.

"So do you wish for me to do this or will you be handling this personally?" Sheeba sighed, knowing she'd probably get stuck supervising the whole mess. "Have fun Princess." He answered, and walked out of the room, leaving her standing alone in the silent control room.

"Yeah, I will have all the fun." Sheeba thought bitterly to herself. "I'll do all the work and you'll get all the credit."

She sighed and sat down at the computer's main control panel. "How hard can it be . . ." She spoke aloud, "to hack through their security systems?" She smiled evilly at the thought of the rewards that would come after they were free of the ducks and began to work.
* * *

It was about 3 A.M when Sheeba had finished with the security systems in Drake 1, and she decided to have a little fun waking the Chameleon up so they could go and take care of Wild Wing.

She went down to the kitchen, where to her surprise, she found Eel sitting beside a huge box of Chinese take out. She walked over to the young and cleared her throat. "Hey Sheebie." Eel smirked after a while. "Eel, can I ask you something?" Sheeba asked calmly. "Sure." Eel replied and continued on the huge plate of noodles she held. "Eel, where in the hell did you get that box of take out?!" Sheeba yelped at her.

Eel looked up unconcerned. "Oh this?" she asked tapping the side of the box with her claws. "Well, since that's the only giant box of take out in the room, YEAH THAT ONE!" Sheeba growled. "Oh, just an enlargement spell Wraith taught me the other day." Eel sighed calmly. "Uhh . . .okay." Sheeba answered a little nervously and got a huge stainless steel bowl from one of the cabinets. "What are you gonna' do with that?" Eel asked as she watch Sheeba fill it with ice water. "I'm gonna' go wake the Chameleon so we can replace the ducks' leader with him." Sheeba answered simply and walked out of the room, carefully carrying the bowl.

Eel shrugged and continued eating. Within a few moments, she heard Chameleon scream, Sheeba laugh, and several doors being opened.

She got up and peeked out into the hallway. Sheeba, Dragaunus, and dripping wet Chameleon stood in the hall way; Sheeba getting a lecture from Dragaunus, and Chameleon shivering and trying to shake off the ice water. Sheeba, as hard as she was trying, wasn't able to keep a straight face, and had gone from being lectured to being yelled at and threatened.

"I am through with the ducks' pathetic computer security system and everything is in place except . . ." Sheeba interrupted Dragaunus's rantings and glared at Chameleon. The Overlord stopped yelling at her and smiled evilly. "Very well then, be gone!" Was his answer. Sheeba nodded and smiled slowly. "Perhaps it would be better if you were the one to be going, after all, it would not be right for me, just a Princess, to take the right of capturing Wild Wing from you, now would it? Since it's you that's been chasing after him for so long, I mean" She spoke quickly and slyly. "Maybe you're right." Dragaunus answered. "You are not worthy of being the one to capture Wild Wing. So then, I will be the one to do it." He glared at Chameleon and teleported out of the room, followed closely by the shape shifter.

Eel giggled and waved at Sheeba. "Smooth." She smirked. Sheeba rolled her eyes and walked off to her quarters to try and get some sleep.
***

It was about 3:45 A.M. when Sheeba was dozing off to sleep, when she was awoke by the familiar flash of light close to her bed. She opened her eyes and looked up at Dragaunus, who had just teleported back.

"How'd it go?" She yawned and rolled over. "Come see for yourself." He answered. "That's nice." She sighed and closed her eyes. "SHEEBA!" he roared, close to her head.

"Okay okay, I'm awake!" She yelped and sat straight up. "What da' ya' want?" She turned her undivided attention to the Saurian that stood before her and gasped. "What happened to you?" "I just got through torturing the ducks leader to death." He replied. "And that's why you're covered in blood?" She asked a little less nervously. "I can assure you it's not mine." He said as he gazed down at her. "Oh." She sighed.

"Now the only thing that remains is for Chameleon to deliver those ducks to us and for us to bring the Saurian war fleet in to conquer this miserable ball of dirt." He growled at her with glowing eyes.
* * *

Chameleon was awoken in the middle of the night by Drake 1's alarms blaring not very far from the room he was in.

He was in shift as Wild Wing, and was a little nervous as to what to do. Dragaunus had told him the other Saurians would create a disturbance in the middle of the night, and allow the ducks to go to the source, and the rest would be taken care of. But just finding it within himself to walk among the ducks without hesitation was proving to be enough of a challenge. They had the power and the technology to put him back in limbo.

He nervously crept out of Wild Wing's quarters and nearly fainted when Tanya's voice snapped at him from behind. "Where've you been?" She growled. "Hard telling what those creeps have done while we were waiting on you! Now come on, let's go!" She pivoted around and stormed off to the Migrator, with Chameleon slinking along submissively behind her.
* * *

 

When the Migrator slowed to a stop in an open field, Chameleon cringed as he stepped out. He didn't know what the others were planning, but he knew if the boss had put Sheeba in charge, it would be big, loud and quick.

As soon as all the ducks had stepped out onto the warm soil, there was a quick series of chain explosions around them, loud blazing fireworks and a cloud of light purple gas. The last thing the Chameleon remembered before passing out was the fact that he had no clue as to where he'd wake up.
* * *

 

 

When the Chameleon began to wake up, he first realized he was in total darkness, then he realized the unfamiliar female scent that hung all around him. It was comforting, yes, but still unfamiliar.

He tried to move, but realized then that this female, who ever she was, was holding him in her arms and cradling him like a baby.

"Shhh! Relax." A soft Cajun accent whispered to him. "Who are you?" He moaned. She let out a soft giggle and pulled away from him. "I'm Vitani, Siege's sister" She said as smiled at him.

He finally got to get a good look at her. She had orange scales and curly dark brown hair. Her eyes were deep brown like her hair, and that was about all he could see for the darkness.

"It's pretty." He managed, somewhat taken in by her appearance. "It means beautiful female slave in the Ancient language." Chameleon tried to sit up, but Vitani pushed him back down.

"You need your rest, that sleeping gas can take its toll on even the bravest of Saurians." She cooed as she laid her head down on his shoulder. "Me? Brave?" he stammered. She raised her head again. "Yeah, you're one of the bravest Saurians in the free Empire, I mean, the way you went in under cover as the ducks' leader, and they didn't even know." She smiled at him again and kissed him on the cheek before she laid her head back down on his shoulder.

"What else are they saying about me?" He beamed. "Well . . ." She continued, "They're saying that the capture of the ducks wouldn't have been possible with out you." Chameleon squirmed around nervously. "Oh, and Lord Dragaunus said that you're definitely going to receive a reward for your efforts and cooperation." "Really?" Chameleon stammered. "What is it?" "I'm not sure, but you need your rest." Vitani cooed softly as she pushed him back down onto the pillow and snuggled closer to him.

He sighed softly in reply and closed his eyes, quickly drifting back to sleep due to the remainder of the sleeping gas's effect over him.
* * *

Nose Dive opened his eyes slowly and looked around the prison cell he'd been placed in. The usual dirty floor cracked ceiling and energy bars as the last time he'd been in the Raptor, but something new caught his attention. There was a young female Saurian; she looked about ten or eleven, staring through the bars of his cage at him.

She had red scales, golden yellow eyes and claws of the same color, and white hair parted down the middle and pulled over on both sides. She wore a two-piece black outfit with red, yellow, and orange flames embroidered into the black material.

"Heya! Welcome back to the Land of Consciousness. What's shakin'?" She giggled when she realized he was awake. "Who are you?" he demanded. "Me?" she questioned childishly. Dive nodded slowly. "I am Princess La'Fayette, known mostly as Fayette or just Fay. Sister of Lord Dragaunus and trusted companion of Princess Sheeba." She said as she stood at attention and raised her hand in salute.

"Not another one." Dive moaned and closed his eyes. "Bet 'cher wonderin' where all ye' little duck buddies are." She giggled as she slinked between the bars of his cell. "Hopefully not on this ship." He answered. "Well, in a way some of them aren't. " She answered. "The scientist is being killed probably right now by Wraith, the other female is now the property of Siege as a love slave, the thief is still asleep, and the weird calm duck was drowned about ten minutes before you woke up."

Nose Dive gasped and sat straight up. Fayette took that as a good time to get out of his cell with him and slid back between the bars. "And what about my brother?" He whimpered softly, knowing the awful truth that Wild Wing was probably dead as well. "Ahhh, yes. Your leader." She hissed. "He was tortured to death last night by my brother," She paused momentarily and flashed him a savage smile "As where you will be tortured to death by me."

The absolute and spoken truth came as a shock to the young duck and he crawled off to the back of his cell to grieve.

"How many times have I told you not to play with your food?" A female voice growled as the door to the prison opened and Sheeba walked in. "Sheebie!" Fayette exclaimed, glad to see the Princess. She ran towards Sheeba and was caught and picked up by the white Saurian. "But he's suffering." Fayette argued. "That's a form of torture, right Sheebie?" "I suppose." Sheeba said as she smiled to Fay and then kissed her cheek.

"I've missed you, you worthless little pip squeak." Sheeba teased playfully. "I've missed you too, ya' sorry excuse for a royal Saurian." Fayette shot back as she put her arms around Sheeba's neck and hugged her tightly.

"How sweet." Dragaunus growled from the doorway. "Sickeningly sweet if you ask me." Duke answered from his cell.

"I'd say the thief's awake." Fayette giggled. "EX - thief that is!" Duke snapped at her. "I do detect a note of sarcasm." Sheeba smirked as she carried Fay out of the room.

"Sheebie, where we goin'? Fayette asked softly and laid her head on Sheeba's shoulder. "I'm supposed to be supervising the building of the new engine in the ship, so we're going to the engine room." Sheeba replied casually.

To Fayette's surprise, the engine room was buzzing with activity. The group of about ten Saurians and Ducks Dragaunus had brought to Earth only a few hours ago had nearly completed the repairs on the large engine which had sat in active for so long. It wouldn't be too much longer before the war ship was ready for flight again, and it wouldn't be too much longer after that before Earth and Puck World belonged to the Saurian Empire.

A tall male duck with black feathers and black hair strode casually over to Sheeba from the other side of the room. "Long time no see Sheeba." He growled lowly at her. "Like wise you General Atoka." She smirked back to him. "Is the kid yours?" the duck jokingly asked as he smiled at Fayette. "Go ta' hell ya' feathered freak." The young Saurian snarled at him. "Hush Fayette." Sheeba growled. "That's no way to talk to the General." Sheeba put the now squirming young Saurian down and rolled her eyes at Atoka. "She's actually my future sister-in-law." "You mean some male of your own species is going to try and take you away from me?" he teased as he grabbed her by the arm and pulled her close. "Atoka, you always have been quite the tease." She giggled and shoved him away. "Certainty I am when it comes to a beauty like you." He smiled devilishly at her

A light blue female Saurian with blonde hair rushed up to Sheeba, shoving Atoka out of the way. "Princess Sheeba!" She exclaimed, "The repairs are done and the ship is ready for flight!" The female bowed humbly and handed Sheeba a large brown sack. "Balerium crystals, I presume?" Sheeba sighed and took the bag from the female. "Yes Ma'am." The female nodded and replied as she scurried away.
* * *

Duke L'Orange was pacing back and forth in his prison cell thinking of how earth was probably doomed unless something miraculous happened when he heard a loud explosion and felt the ship shake violently. It took him several moments to figure out what was happening, but when he did the thought hit him like a freight train; the ship was air borne.

 

Return to the Fanfic page