11:42 P.M.

Sheeba crept down the hallway to the main exit. She opened the door and stepped outside of the ship. The sky over head was black, and stars flickered over head like millions of fireflies. As she starred up at the sky, she wondered if any of the stars that she seen now were the sun which warmed Puck World. She stood looking for a while, but soon dismissed the thought. Puck World was so far away, through the fabric of time and space. Life had been fun ruling it. She had no schedule, nothing to do all day long. Looking both ways to make sure there were no humans around, she stepped out into the night. Her name, Princess Sheeba Marie, meant ruler of the darkness and the night, and she thought it was rather suiting.

It was just routine: every few months she had to go out into the night, no matter how cold or rainy it was, when she got the urge, she had to run. No certain place, it was just her way of letting go of excess energy. She slinked around the back of the ship, into a field which laid directly to the west and turned around to be sure she wasn't being followed by any of the others. Then she looked straight ahead to where she was planning to go. She leapt up on to the top of a large rock that jutted up from the ground. Everything was silent. A night bug fluttered by. Some creature shook the weeds about ten feet away from her. She knew what was coming. It was inevitable. Every muscle in her body constricted. She was wild. The thought gushed through her mind, devouring every other thought in her mind, the small feeble ones that rebelled against her freedom in the night. Without giving another thought to civilization, domestication or technology, she ran full speed as fast as she could out into the night.

Everything was covered in a thin coat of dew, but that didn't bother her in the least. She was Saurian, with the finest and fiercest ancestors which ever existed, excluding possibly Dragaunus's. She ran for about a mile, until she just couldn't go any further, then dropped down in the still warm sand. Compared to her pale scales, the moon looked dirty gray.

She lay there, panting in the sandy soil, and thought back to the moons on Puck World. There were three of them, and she remembered how they had kept her company the night after the attack and Dragaunus had left Puck World.

She dug her claws deep into the sand. It was an interesting substance. There was not much of it back on Puck World, and until the take over, she had never seen anything like it in Limbo. There were a lot of things she'd never seen until the take over, snow, ice, rain… life in Limbo was boring and plain. Time slipped by with out any real measure. Her age was only a guess. No Saurian born in limbo really knew how old he or she was, what seemed like a 24-hour day could only be 8 hours, and centuries were often lost when it seemed only like several years had passed. There were no clocks; no way to look at a sun or moon and tell what time it was, at least in the beginning. Her generation had seen clocks and a real schedule of day to day time.

But what of the next generation? This question brought back painful memories to her. She had a Saurian sister, about 7 years older than she, Kira, who was dark brown in color. She was beautiful as her sister, and was another very honored female Saurian. However, she had no interest in the take over, or any of the royal Saurians, and she and Sheeba got along fine. Sheeba ruled, as where Kira didn't. It was that simple. But for Dragaunus, it wasn't that easy. He and his brother had almost called for a death match about seven years ago, but before it could be arranged, they fought each other, almost to the death, if it hadn't been for Sheeba. She remembered it all very well, how close Dragaunus had come to strangling his older brother, and he would have, if she hadn't stopped him. He got the right to rule the Saurian Empire, and the right to everything else. That wasn't her worst memory, though, she had another sister, a half sister. Her family's worst secret. Not only was she half sister, she was half duck. She had went into a rage when she found out that her father had gotten a female duck slave pregnant, and had ordered the female duck captured and as soon as the child was born executed. Somehow, through a strange twist of fate, something inside of her made her spare the young hybrid. After her father had died, her mother had committed suicide out of anxiety and Dragaunus' parents had practically raised her. His mother wasn't very accepting of her, you might even say that his mother even hated her. But his father had welcomed her and thought it was good that his son had a female around that was his age. When she heard of her mother's suicide, she vowed never to fall that deeply in love with a male.

She wiped a tear from her face and got up from the ground. She looked around and started walking. She had never felt so lonely in her whole life. Thoughts raced through her mind. She should feel fortunate. All of the other Saurians she knew, they never had the chance to see a whole new world. She remembered her half sister again. She must be at least four by now, possibly younger. How about Kira? It was the uncertainty of not knowing whether or not her sisters were alive or dead which was what was really starting to bother her.

She sighed and looked up at the moon. "I need a favor." She spoke aloud to the deep yellow orb that hung low in the sky. "Watch over my sisters while I'm gone, will ya'?" Her future was uncertain as well. They were constantly battling with the ducks for world dominance, and she wondered how long they could keep it up. Eventually, she knew, one side would win. She turned and looked over her shoulder.

Quite far away from home. Home? She had never really known any real home, but using the term 'home' to describe her current dwelling made her feel strange. She sat down on a large rock and thought about her situation. The second most important Saurian of her generation. But still, she often was scorned because of her strange coloration. As far back as anyone could remember, there had never been any other white Saurians. She had once been told that her lack of color was a sign that she was going to be a great leader some day. Maybe she would. But she doubted it. She hated being a leader. She would rather sneak around in the shadows than to be the one in charge. Maybe this was the reason she and Dragaunus go along so well. She didn't have a problem with taking orders and he certainty didn't have a problem with giving them. She found him strangely intriguing. Everyone who met them thought they were together. Like a couple. But why?

Sheeba thought back to a time back in limbo. The memory played through her mind like a movie. A small red male stood in the cargo hold of some old ship watching a small white female, who huddled under a dirty old tarp, shivering and crying. She had run when she got news of her mother's suicide, and now was all alone. "Don't worry," the male spoke, "My parents will take care of you." He bent down and uncovered her head partially. She sat up and looked at him. "We'll always be friends, right?" she whimpered. "Of course, Sheebie." He answered, helping her up. Remembering this made Sheeba long to be back in the Raptor. She got up from the rock she had been sitting on and started back to the ship. It was out dated, had holes in the walls, and was pretty much worthless, but for the time being, it was all they had, and it was better than Limbo. A single lonely coyote howled somewhere in the distance. She could sympathize with the poor creature. No, she couldn't! She had her place and reason for being in life. She was the Saurian Princess. Princess? How she despised the title which had been given to her. It all sounded so cute and sweet. Defiantly not suiting to her. Her proud ancestry. Who once ruled Puck World. It had all came down to this. She was one of the few existing royal Saurians. The thought flooded her very being. Again, she started running, only this time, back the way she had came. Back to where she really belonged. But she knew she would never be truly like those Saurians, any one of them. She was the ruler of the darkness
Return to the Fanart Page

This page hosted by Get your own FREE Home Page