Darker, Darker, Darkest..

It was a dark and stormy night in Anaheim California. Sheeba sat alone in her quarters, watching TV. 'COPS' to be exact. The door was slightly open. Aside from a faint glow coming from the monitor, she sat in darkness. She dug her claws deep into the arms of the overstuffed chair, which sat oddly in the farthest back corner of the room. Her personal chambers were spacious and stretched out oblong, and was in fact, quite large compared to any of the others'

She could clearly see everything, and quite a bit which went on out in the hall. The show she was watching went to a commercial, the stupid 'Got Milk?" one, and her attention turned to what was going on out in the hallway. Wraith was wandering up the hallway, and seemed to be leaning on his staff more than usual. She sneaked up to the opening in the doors, and jumped out at him. He staggered back, startled, sighed and kept on going. She turned and steeped in front of him. "What's the matter, cat got your tongue?" "It's a long story." He answered, more dismally than usual. "Well come on in, I've got all the time in the world." She hissed, grabbing him by the wrist and pulling him into her quarters.

"Sit." She said, motioning to the chair which sat in the corner of the room. She turned off the TV and pulled up a chair so that she was facing him. "So what's buggin' ya'? She asked, twisting sideways so that she was laying in the chair more than sitting in it. "Uhh.. Now isn't really the time to get into this." He protested, trying not to make eye contact with her. Somehow, she was able to force him to look at her, and when he did, she pinned him in place with her cold stare. "You wouldn't understand, you're too young." He sighed in one last attempt to keep from telling her his problems. "Try me." She said softly as she sat up in her chair. He sighed and laid his staff down on the floor.

"Sheeba, you remind me a lot of me, when I was your age." He started. "Female with medium length black hair?" she asked. He snickered. "Not exactly" "More like your personality." "And twisted sense of humor." he commented dryly. She laughed softly. "To be truthful, you really remind me of a young me, but that was such a long time ago." He continued, staring straight ahead. "How old are you?" Sheeba asked, strangely intrigued by the old sorcerer. "Somewhere around a thousand. I'm not sure of the exact date." "Do you remember life before the imprisonment?" "No, that was several hundred years before I was born." Sheeba was getting more and more intrigued with his past. "So, tell me a little about your past." She questioned. "Well, my father, grandfather, and great grandfather were all sorcerers, so it was keeping with tradition that I too learned the Ancient Powers." "Do you have any siblings?" she asked "Yes, but they're all dead." He answered bluntly. "Ohh, I'm sorry." She gasped. "It's fine, I've gotten over it." "Uhh, how about children?" She asked, more carefully. He sighed deeply. "About seven hundred years ago, I met a female Saurian who was just like you, except she was dark green. We had plans to get married, but before we did, she got sick and died due to the circumstances in limbo. She's been gone six hundred and fifty four years today." "Have you ever told anyone else about this?" "No. I, uh, better go." He said, picking up his staff and walking towards the door. "Wait," Sheeba said suddenly, getting up from her chair. "If you ever need anything, anything at all, let me know, and no matter what it is, I can get it arranged." "Thanks, Sheeba, and good night." As he walked out the door, he turned and added, "Oh, and Sheeba, if you have feelings, true feelings for Dragaunus, don't hesitate in telling him, because you never know, tomorrow might not get here." And then turned and left her standing in the darkness.

She felt strange all over and stood there looking at the doorway long after he was gone. She couldn't shake off the strange feeling she had inside. It was then she started to realize why Wraith was always so dismal. He had been like her, until his beloved had died. Then he had shut out all other emotions except sarcasm and loneliness.

It made her feel strange, and she went into her private bathroom and took a cool shower. She came out feeling refreshed, but still was unable to shake off the deep, horrible feeling she had inside. She felt sorry for him. She knew what it was like loose someone who was close. She remembered how she had felt the night Dragaunus had left Puck World, the deep loneliness which couldn't be eased.

Wraith was right. Tomorrow might not come. She walked swiftly out of her quarters and down the hall to the entrance to Dragaunus's own. She had to tell him everything which Wraith had told her, and everything that it had made her feel think about. She couldn't ignore what she felt for him any longer. And in a deep part of her mind, she knew that he felt the same. To anyone who is reading this: Be careful, tomorrow might never get here.

~Princess Sheeba~
Return to the Fanart Page

This page hosted by Get your own FREE Home Page