The Cold Hard Truth

by Sheeba

"I think I have the solution to all our problems." Wraith said as he walked into the control room. Sheeba glared at him. "You remember what happened last time you thought you had a way to get rid of the ducks, don't you?" She reminded. "Yes, but this is different. I have a friend back on Puck World whom will we able to take their lives away slowly and painfully without them even knowing what's happening." He replied. "But we'll have to summon her at night." "Heh, why's that?" Sheeba asked, not really paying much attention to what the Wraith was saying. "Because she's a Vampiress." He answered calmly. "WHAT?!?!" Sheeba shrieked. "You heard what I said." Wraith answered and left the room. "But. . . wait!" she called, following him out into the hall "What?" he growled and turned to look at her. She stopped and stared at him. "We can't just bring a Saurian Vampire to this planet, can we?" she asked softly. "That's what I intend on doing." He answered and smiled evilly.

Several hours later, Sheeba had scurried off and told Dragaunus of what Wraith was planning. "He wants to what?" Dragaunus snarled at Sheeba whom he had backed up against a wall in the control room. "He wants to bring a Saurian Vampiress to this planet to kill the ducks!" she growled back. Amazed that she had nerve enough to yell at him, he backed away and turned his attention to Chameleon. The shape-shifter instantly started backing up for fear of what Dragaunus might do to him. No real reason for the Overlord to harm him besides because he could. "But consider for one moment, that this is successful and this female Saurian does drain the blood of those ducks." Sheeba said calmly. "But what good will that do us?" Dragaunus growled and turned back to her. "Then instead of six ducks which we can't defeat, we'll have six immortal ducks which we can't defeat."

There was a flash of light and a puff of smoke beside of Sheeba, and as it cleared, Wraith's outline became more and more clear "Because she's only going after their leader." He hissed, "And once she has him under her spell, there'll be no limit to what she can get him to do. Now, shall I call her in from Puck World, or not?" He asked, studying their leader over carefully to try and decide what he was thinking.

Dragaunus glared at Sheeba whom shrugged and then he answered, "Go ahead, but if this plan fails, a head will roll. Particularly yours, Wraith." The sorcerer nodded and bowed slightly then motioned for silence in the room. He then said some sort of spell in the Ancient Saurian language, and purple smoke poured up from a central point on the floor. When it cleared, a beautiful female Saurian stood where the smoke had started.

Her scales were black, and she wore a very short red dress that had a high slit up the side. Her hair was long and curly, starting at the top red, fading to orange, then yellow and finally at the very tip, white. Her claws and eyes were blood red, and she had fangs the protruded well past her lips.

She looked around the room and laughed evilly, then locked her alluring stare on Wraith. "Long time no see?" she crooned with a heavy German accent and strode over to where he stood. Her dark red eyes burned deep with lust for him. "Heh, nice to see you again too, Sahara." He said uneasily and backed away. She twitched her tail in contempt. "Always playing hard to get, ehh?" she smiled. "So why have I been brought here?" she sighed and looked around the room to Sheeba, Chameleon and Dragaunus.
"Because you owe me a favor, if I remember correctly." Wraith snapped at her. "And don't get any ideas towards the males around here, I know you too well for that Sahara, try it and there'll be trouble." "Hmmm, and how do you want me to . . . 'repay' you?" she snickered evilly. "There is a certain male duck I need for you to deal with." He said bluntly. "And as far as I know, you can have your way with him." Wraith looked over at Dragaunus, as did Sahara. "And just who are you?" she hissed and walked towards him. He smiled back to her and bowed slightly. "Lord Dragaunus, ruler of the Saurian Empire and conqueror of Puck World, and who are you?"

Sheeba let out a low growl from where she stood at his side. Sahara glanced at her swiftly then turned back to Dragaunus. "They all just call me Sahara." She said softly and stepped closer to him. Sheeba stepped in between the two of them and pushed the Vampiress back a ways. "He's taken!" She snapped right in Sahara's face.

Wraith smiled to himself. "I warn you again, Sahara, don't over step your boundaries." He sighed. "Aww, don't tell me you've forgot the old days." She said as she walked over to him and put her hands on his shoulders. "How could you forget the old days?" she crooned and tried to lay her head down on his chest. "That was then this is now." He growled and pulled away. "Aww, tell me you haven't forgot the times we used to have in the old days?" she sighed. "You do still remember the old days, don't you?" "How could I forget?" he snickered. She smiled and glared at him seductively. "But that's not why you're here." He snapped suddenly. She rolled her eyes. "You know what they say about all work and no play." She sighed.

"So who exactly is this male duck?" she asked, almost in a whisper. "Wild Wing Flashblade." Dragaunus growled. "Hmmm . . .one of the Resistance members." She smiled. "And you want him living, dead, or un-dead?" she laughed evilly." "However you can get him here." Sheeba answered.

"Great, now they're finishing each other's sentences." Chameleon moaned. "Shut up, you!" Sheeba hissed. "And besides that, that was a thought, not a sentence." "Heh, before we get into a full blown Language class here, I'm going to find some dark room to curl up in before dawn gets here." Sahara interjected and walked out of the room.

"She's heh. . ." Sheeba's voice trailed off. "Odd?" Dragaunus answered. Chameleon rolled his eyes and followed Sahara.

* * * * * * * * *

"A real Vampiress?! Like Dracula?" Eel squealed when she found out about Sahara.

The blue Saurian had went running to find Sheeba when she heard Siege and Chameleon talking about the new female being in the Raptor. She'd found her sitting alone in her quarters with the lights dimmed and looking over some old pictures.

"Eel, you watch too much TV." Sheeba sighed and looked up from the album she was leafing through. "What's the matter Sheebie?" She asked and smiled at her cousin. "You wouldn't understand." Sheeba answered dully. "Come on Sheeba, something's wrong." Eel pestered. "Ehh. . .just the thought of having another mature female around." Sheeba answered. "So you're just jealous?" Eel teased. Sheeba growled and lay back on the bed.

Eel looked through the stacks of pictures and family blood line papers which had been spread around on Sheeba's bed. "So what'cha doin'? Eel asked and looked down at Sheeba. The white female opened one eye and smiled softly at her. "I'm trying to trace Chameleon's family and what I've found is shocking." She answered playfully. "What do you mean?" Eel questioned and lay down beside her cousin. "I was going over the blood lines of the males to be sure none of them were related. . .and. . ." "And what?" Eel asked propping herself up and glaring playfully at Sheeba. "I know who your grandfather is." Sheeba answered and closed her eyes. "Well?" Eel sighed after a long silence. "Well what?" Sheeba asked, opening her eyes and staring up at Eel. "Well who is it?" Eel squealed and pounced on Sheeba. "You wanna' know?" the Princess snickered. "Yes!" Eel yelped and pinned Sheeba down. "The only thing I'll say is go ask Wraith the truth about Tali." Sheeba snickered and shoved Eel off. The young female stared in disbelief at what Sheeba had just told her. "Why didn't he tell anyone?" Eel whimpered. "As close as I can figure it's because he despises the fact his son turned out to be a scientist instead of a sorcerer." Sheeba answered calmly and sat up. Eel sighed and looked down at the floor. "I couldn't possibly do that, Sheebie. I just couldn't. If he can't accept my father, he probably won't be able to accept me." She wiped her eyes and turned her back towards Sheeba. "Hey, Eel. It's okay. You're not your father. If I've got that sorcerer figured out as well as I think I do, he'll accept you. Now come on." Sheeba got up and walked towards the door, but Eel still didn't move. "Don't make me have to carry you." Sheeba snickered. Eel sighed again and followed her cousin to the upstairs wing of the Raptor to where Wraith had set up a small library of spells and books of magic.

Sheeba knocked several times and was just about to give up and go looking for him in a different part of the ship but as she turned to leave, the door opened slowly. Sheeba pulled Eel forward, whom was reluctantly struggling against the Princess. "Wraith, are you in here?" Sheeba called. After a while of no answer, she growled lowly and snapped "Hey, I said. . ." "I'm always here." He answered calmly from somewhere off to her right. "What do you want?" She growled and pulled Eel closer. "WE want to know about You, Eel and Lady Tali." There was a long silence and Wraith appeared in front of them from a cloud of smoke. He glared at Eel, who shuddered and stepped behind Sheeba then looked up at Sheeba. "Because it's just easier if no one knows." He answered. "Easier? EASIER???" Sheeba screamed. "You lied to me! What happened to that story about how you only loved once and that female died back in limbo? Hmmm? She grabbed him by his robe and pulled him towards her to get the point across. "How about that?" the growled and glared down at him with glowing eyes.

Eel had backed up against the wall and was staring in disbelief at what her cousin was going.

Looking over at Eel, Sheeba released Wraith and sighed. "For her sake, please tell the truth?" She looked at him with pleading eyes, then to Eel and back to Wraith. Sheeba grabbed Eel and shoved her in front of Wraith, and then left the two alone.

"You want the truth?" he smiled slightly at Eel. "I. . .I suppose." She answered slowly. "The truth is, I'm not thrilled to have a scientist for a son. All of the males in my family had been sorcerers, and the females were all either witches or sorceresses and now what? I find my only son favors technology?" Eel just stood there staring at him. "You and I are related?" she finally choked out. He nodded slowly. "But it doesn't matter." He sighed. "Why not?" She growled defensively. "Because you being my only known relations that are still alive still doesn't make any difference towards my situation." He answered and turned from her. "What situation?" She rushed in front of him so that he had to stop and look at her. "My situation would be that once I die, I'll have no one to carry on what I've been doing." "You mean the Dark Powers." She whispered. "Precisely. And, the search for Lord Taraq's tomb."

Eel had been hearing a lot about that particular Saurian lately, but she still didn't fully comprehend the extent of his importance to her species. "I'd be proud to learn." She smiled softly at him. He nodded. "Very well, your basic training starts tomorrow. Now, sleep my child. You have much work ahead of you tomorrow." She smiled and obediently went back downstairs to the room which she'd been given.

She looked around at the posters and everything she'd 'borrowed' from the humans, as Sheeba liked to call it. She undressed and slipped into her pajamas and curled up in her hammock.

She thought of how life back on Puck World had been compared to life on Earth. She had almost everything she could ask for, a warm place to stay, plenty to eat, and relatives who cared about her. The last thing she remembered as she drifted off to sleep was the fact that although she had almost everything, she had no one her age to spend time with.

* * * * * * * * *
Sahara stepped out into the cool night air. Everything was perfect. The moon was full and bright over head with a gentle breeze coming from the northwest.

She gazed down into the city's lights far below. She had been told of her target, Wild Wing Flashblade, leader of the Mighty Ducks, and chief annoyance of Lord Dragaunus.

She walked silently over the warm ground towards the Pond, being careful not to be seen by any of the locals. She'd been warned about the Human's usually bad reactions to seeing members of their species out lurking about, and she'd also been warned not to be seen by any of the Ducks other that Wild Wing, and to bring him to the Raptor when she had him under her power.

The Pond was deathly silent and she slipped easily past security cameras using an invisibility spell she'd picked up over the years. She reached the door which she assumed to be the door to Wild Wing's barracks, and hacked through the electronic lock then entered.

Everything was dark inside and her future victim lay asleep in his bed. He opened his eyes slowly and looked up at her.

For a Saurian, he found her irresistibley beautiful. Something about her eyes. . so dreamy and calm. . .
She smiled down at him. Such a beautiful and calm smile. . .
"Do not be afraid, I mean you no harm." She crooned and bent down beside him. "Who are you?" he whispered. She scooted closer to him so that he could feel her breathing on his neck and whispered back, "My name is Lady Sahara, and I need you to come with me." "For what?" he asked calmly. She sat up. "I need your help. Dragaunus has been causing me trouble, and if it weren't for him, my Empire would never have attacked your planet." She lied. "You mean you're the rightful ruler of the Saurian Empire?" he looked deep into her eyes. She sighed deeply and smiled in spite of her situation. "I'm so sorry to have to do this to you." She answered and looked down at him. "what do you mean?" he asked cautiously. She didn't say anything, but leaned over him and sunk her teeth deep into his neck. He was shocked and tried to scream, but discovered he couldn't make a sound, couldn't even move, and closed his eyes.

The next thing Wild Wing noticed when he woke up was someone was shining a bright light in his eyes. He looked around and found himself in some sort of laboratory strapped down to a table. From the looks of the walls and ceiling, he knew he was somewhere inside the Raptor. In the corner, he saw the Chameleon sitting in a chair looking at him. He growled. Chameleon raised a com and told someone on the other end of the line that he's woke up, and continued staring at him. "You little green freak, why am I here and where's the Mask?" he "Temper temper." Chameleon snickered. "Don't play games with me, you little weasel." he snapped, to be able to find out what was going on. "You're no fun." He sighed. "As far as I know, Lord D has your precious mask." He sighed dully. "Lord D?" he questioned as the only door in the room opened and Dragaunus walked in, followed closely by Sheeba. "Yeah," Chameleon continued and pointed at Dragaunus, "Lord D." "I told you told you not to call me that!" the Overlord snarled at him. He cringed and scurried out of the room.

Sheeba rolled her eyes and sighed. "I see your white shadow is with you Draggy." Wild Wing snorted. "He's twice the leader you'll ever live to be." Sheeba growled. Dragaunus glared at her and she shut up. "Still controlling your female through fear, ehh?" Wild Wing asked as more of a statement than a question. "Not fear, my dear ducky, respect!" Sheeba hissed. "Highly unlikely." Wing answered.

He looked around the room to try and find any possible way to escape. "Looking for this?" Dragaunus snickered and held up about one fourth of the Mask. "This is all that's left." He growled. "And at sunrise tomorrow morning, there'll be less than this left of you." Sheeba laughed. "Until then, sweet dreams." The two left the room, turning off the light and locking the door behind themselves.

Wing had not heard their last words, he was too devastated to listen. "It's over." He whispered and tried to fight back his tears. "It's all over." He closed his eyes and allowed the silence to burn deep into his already throbbing mind.

* * * * * * * * *

"Maybe it's finally over." Sheeba sighed. "What do you mean, maybe?" Dragaunus growled and glared at her. "I don't know." She answered and intentionally stepped on the tip of his tail. "Get off." He snapped. "Temper temper." Sheeba snickered. He smiled evilly at her and pushed her away. Just as she was preparing to pounce on him, a loud scream broke the silence. "It's Eel!" Sheeba yelped, startled at the distress in the young female's voice. She rushed down the hall and around the corner to the hall in which the female's quarters were in. She stormed in through the open door and was startled when she realized what was happening.

Eel was backed into one corner with blood trickling from the side of her face and Sahara keeping her in the corner with a shinny silver dagger, which had obviously already been used on the young Saurian. Sheeba grabbed the closest thing to her, a large Chinese style vase and threw it at the Vampiress. It didn't hit her, she vanished before it could and it smashed against the wall.

Sheeba rushed over to where Eel stood with her back to the wall and placed her hand on the side of her cousin's head to stop the flow of blood. Several minutes later, Chameleon and Wraith appeared at the door. Sheeba, whom had got the young female to lay down looked up at Wraith. "Why would she do this?" Sheeba growled at him. "To get revenge on me for causing her father to be born to Tali instead of her." He answered. "And if you hadn't stopped her, she would have done plenty more." He answered and sat down beside Eel. "You three go on, I can watch over her." He smiled to Sheeba. She nodded and left the two alone, as did Chameleon and Dragaunus.

* * * * * * * * *

Wild Wing opened his eyes to see the Vampiress standing above him. "What do you want now?" he growled. "Nothing." She answered and undid the straps that were keeping him tied down. She then grabbed him and teleported him back to his quarters in the Pond. "Why?" he asked in disbelief of what she'd done. "No certain reason." She answered. "It doesn't matter." He sighed. "The mask is gone." "It doesn't take a mask to make a great leader. That has to come from the heart." She smiled and teleported away.
* * * * * * * * *

It was well into the afternoon when Dragaunus finally found Wraith. Somehow he managed to corner the sorcerer in the control room. "Do you remember, my old advisor," he began his rantings, "I said if this plan failed, heads would roll?" "The Vampiress is gone and Wild Wing still lives, so guess what?" He raised a large laser and took aim at Wraith, but before he could fire, Eel stepped in-between the two males. "And kill me too." She said in a determined voice. "Get out of my way!" he roared. "NOW!!" She swallowed hard and glared at him before almost whispering, "I won't. You destroyed the mask and you should be thankful for that!" Shocked, he turned away and stormed out of the room.

"Eel, your first lesson is don't ever do that again! Unless you enjoy extreme pain, I'd suggest you leave Dragaunus alone when he's mad!" Wraith growled at her. She sighed and turned away from him. "But other than that," he continued, "That took guts." She smiled to herself, "Aww, somebody needed to stand up to him a long time ago." She snickered and walked away, felling as though she had control over the entire universe.

When she was gone, Wraith couldn't help but laugh at her. "She does have a lot to learn." He thought to himself.

Return to the Fanfiction page