Anonomous Love

“Sheeba?  Oh Sheebie?”  Fayette’s screechy voice echoed through the otherwise silent and empty sleeping quarters of the War Lady. 

“Over here.” The female replied softly, the sound of bedding being disturbed echoed her words.

“What’s wrong Sheebie?” The girl-child blurted out, scrambling over to the large, oval shaped bed in the corner of the room.  She found, there, Venessa asleep snuggled close to Sheeba, a surprise to the child.  If anything, Sheeba should be cuddled up to Dragaunus, or so Fayette assumed.

“Sheeba, uhm, I’m sorry…I interrupted…whatever was going on.  I…was just wondering if we could…go out shopping later, after breakfast…but…never mind.”

“Hello dear.” Venessa mumbled softly, more than likely to Sheeba than to Fayette.

“Sure Fay, later on, it’s been a while since our last outing together.” Sheeba answered calmly.  

“Okey.” She replied, fading from view quickly. 

“Venessa, when I invited you in for the eve last night, I forgot Fay would be home from the Scholo for the hollidays starting this morning.” Sheeba said with a grin.   “But we did, on a lighter note, finally find something that creeps her out.”

“You really think it bothered ‘er much? I don’t want her to find me creepy.” Venessa whimpered meekly.

“I’ll talk to her later about it, until then don’t worry dear.” Sheeba replied, stumbling away from the bed and the girl.

***

After her morning meal with Arddu, Triad, her children, and of course Dhaka close by begging for scraps, Sheeba found Fayette all alone in her old quarters going through some of her things from when she was younger. 

“What’s wrong child?  May I come in?”  The white Saurian creeped to just inside the doorway, just in case.

“Yeah.” Fayette answered with a sniffle.

“What’s wrong? Is it because you caught me with Venessa and not Dragaunus?”

“Well, kind of…not really.” She answered, concentrating intensely on an old photograph of her mother and father soon after they had taken their Union Pledge. 

“Perhaps you can explain a bit better Fay dear?” Sheeba asked gently, approaching the girl sitting among all the old photographs, her mother’s diary, her father’s old writings, articles from her past and old things of Nova’s.

“Well…” Fayette trailed off, sighing.

“I need to know what’s wrong so I know how to try and help you.  I hate to see someone as sadistic and demented as you all sad…”

“Well…thanks for the compliment.” Fayette shrugged.  “Things are just so different anymore, I mean all the other girls back at the Primary Scholo…they all talked before the vacation about going home to be with their parents.  I don’t know where my mother is, and daddy is already gone.  Anymore I don’t know you or my two brothers, or if Nova’s still alive or not.”

“Then why not let’s go see Nova today?  We have an entire month now that we can go shopping if we want, since you’re back home.”

“Pleeeeease Sheebie?!” Fayette yelped, scrambling to her feet and leaping into Sheeba’s arms in a tackle hug.

“Okay, no problem, I don’t have any plans for today.” Sheeba said with a slight smile, catching her.

“Yea Sheebs!” Fayette replied, seeming more lively and sadistic upon teleporting to Nova’s island home.

They located the Saurian outcast in the dining hall, to their surprise Eel and an unidentifiable purple male in his company. 

Glancing up from their dinner plates, all three stared.

“Sheeba!  What a pleasant surprise to see you… would you and Fayette care to join us for dinner?” Nova asked, dropping his fork in shock. 

“Fayette may, however I just had breakfast back in my own little world.” Sheeba replied, humoring his manors.

She slipped into an empty seat beside the purple-scaled male, leaving Fayette to sit where she pleased.  The male acknowledged her presence with a glance.

“Hiya Nova!” Fayette chirped with an evil little smile.

“Hello sister.” He answered, a bit coldly, but used a spell Eel had shown him to pull a large butterfly from Zerospace.  She smiled as she took it from him, considered eating it just to upset him, and would have, had it not flown away. 

Eel was pleased with her mate’s reaction; he hadn’t once whimpered or cowered in fear.  Getting a reaction this good from him being around Dragaunus could be a bit of a chore, though…

“Perhaps I should return to my ship from the eve.” The purple male interrupted, pushing away his plate and rising. 

“I agree, the two siblings should have some time to catch up on events.”  Eel nodded, standing as well.  Secretly, she was hoping to cur Nova of his fear and to eventually get him to stand up to Dragaunus.

“Yes…I agree with Eel and… uhm…” Sheeba looked over to the dark male. 

His clothes were black; ancient looking by design, a knit and leather type body suit and boots.  His dull, lack-luster black hair was put up into a bun of sorts on top of his head with a few loose strands hanging down, accompanied by a braid in the back.

“Draco.” He answered in an ice-cold tone.   At a loss for words, Sheeba only nodded, smiling. 

“I have some spells to study up on…” Eel interrupted meekly, fading out of the room in a pouf of smoke.

“Shall we Ma’am?” Draco asked with a mischievous smile.

“Uhh…it’s Sheena.  Sheva! Sheeba!! My name…is Sheeba!”  She finally managed, all of a sudden feeling shy. 

“A very lovely name indeed.” He started towards the tall wooden door with a very slight limp.

* * *

Closing her eyes tightly, Sheeba cautiously stepped into the tiny ship; it looked Saurian in make but lacked the distinctive markings, and the ancient language. 

“Welcome to my humble home.”  Draco whispered as he placed an icy hand on her shoulder. 

“G – glad to be here…” She replied, soon finding herself picked up and carried off to his ‘private’ chambers. 

As Draco had reasoned on the walk to the ship, if Dragaunus could have multiple mates, why could she not? 

It would not matter, nothing real could ever be between the two. 

Or could it?...

1